It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
(female)

Grantmetheseren HB UserGrantmetheseren HB UserGrantmetheseren HB User
norco withdrawal question

Hi everyone...I am currently taking norco for 2 years. I began w 5 mg and now am up to 30 how ever my script says 2 10 mg a day but I no longer get any pain relief or happy feeling off of 2. Obviously I have become addicted to the euphoric feeling which I find is not even happening on 30 mg....I am finding I wntto take more....as a matter of fact I'm either finding myself angry, frustrated and depressed after an hour or so since it wears off so fast. I am really scared I am heading down hill. I am always tired and only think of the next pill time. I do have a pain problem and never bought pills off the street but understand that this will eventually be my life if I don't do something. Myproblem is that I am terrified of the withdrawal...I am a mom of 2 and cannot disclose thi to my family. They know I take Meds b ut I always act like I would never get addicte...the second problem is I love the 1 hr of relaxing and happiness the pill gives...the mental part. I always had anxiety and he first time I took a hydro I thought it was a miracle...little did I know in less than 2 yr I would be hooked.
Has anyone withdrawn off of 30mg of narco...if so how BAd was it? just need to vent and need some hope...thank you so much!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Grantmetheseren
FearANDloathin (09-05-2012), Phoenix (09-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
(female)

FearANDloathin HB User
Re: norco withdrawal question

Going through the same thing right now but I was taking atleast 40-60mg a day. After about 16 hours without I experienced aches and fatigue and some mild stomach issues (use immodium) then after 24 hrs i just felt so sluggish and stomach was gettin worse and I was very jittery I took a 5 hour energy which made this worse so I went ahead and took 2 10mgs I realized cold turkey wasn't the way that could work for me now I'm doing a rapid wean I took 2 yesterday 2 today then going to take one tomorrow and one Friday I will keep u updated on how this goes... Your story is very much like mine as far as loving the mental part I love having the energy for my 3 kids and without it I feel like I just can't keep up I know it's all in my mind and that I will over come this and you can too

Last edited by moderator2; 09-05-2012 at 11:00 AM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: FearANDloathin
Grantmetheseren (09-05-2012), Phoenix (09-05-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
(female)

Thank you for the reply. It sounds like I'm not far behind you! This one of the most difficult things, I do have a pain condition so I anticipate that to be bad as well. How much was your Dr. Prescribing? I figured I would start weaning myself next week while kids in school. Some people don't have as much difficulty with WD, for some reason it really effects me.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
(female)

Btw...how did you feel with 2? Were you able to go about your day? I am trying to gauge how many " sick days" I need?

Old 09-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
(female)

FearANDloathin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantmetheseren View Post
Btw...how did you feel with 2? Were you able to go about your day? I am trying to gauge how many " sick days" I need?
I am fine on two no sickness whatsoever. I do crave them though but I fight through it. I am having a little trouble sleeping but that's it. I was already withdrawing within 16-18 hrs so I'm deff. One of those ppl too! And read my post on this board titled Day 1 of loratab WD it tells my story I just posted it yesterday. I was up to 4 10s a day prescribed then they it me down to 2 5's a day within a month this is another reason for me getting off of them. And doing it when kids are away at school is a good plan I chase after 2 all day ages 3 and 1 1/2 and it's hard when I feel fatigue an don't have that boost anymore!

The following user gives a hug of support to FearANDloathin:
Phoenix (09-28-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to FearANDloathin For This Useful Post:
Grantmetheseren (09-06-2012)
Old 09-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
(female)

Thumbs up Re: norco withdrawal question

Thanks again please keep me posted on your progress.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearANDloathin View Post
I am fine on two no sickness whatsoever. I do crave them though but I fight through it. I am having a little trouble sleeping but that's it. I was already withdrawing within 16-18 hrs so I'm deff. One of those ppl too! And read my post on this board titled Day 1 of loratab WD it tells my story I just posted it yesterday. I was up to 4 10s a day prescribed then they it me down to 2 5's a day within a month this is another reason for me getting off of them. And doing it when kids are away at school is a good plan I chase after 2 all day ages 3 and 1 1/2 and it's hard when I feel fatigue an don't have that boost anymore!

Old 09-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #7
(female)

FearANDloathin HB User

Down to 1 1/2 a day and feeling great however I'm out till Monday so I guess tomorrow will be rough one! If I don't feel too bad on Monday I may not even go to the doctor but I did tt my parents and asked them when I get them to hold on to them and only give me one a day of I need it I knew if I had em all in my possession I'd fail so we will see I'll keep you updated!

Old 09-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
(female)

So happy to hear that... I am he same way, if I have them I will take them. Good luck tomorrow!!! You came a long way in such a short time... Were you taking anything else to help with anxiety or stomach?

[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearANDloathin View Post
Down to 1 1/2 a day and feeling great however I'm out till Monday so I guess tomorrow will be rough one! If I don't feel too bad on Monday I may not even go to the doctor but I did tt my parents and asked them when I get them to hold on to them and only give me one a day of I need it I knew if I had em all in my possession I'd fail so we will see I'll keep you updated!

Old 09-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #9
(female)

FearANDloathin HB User

I did not take anything for anxiety no... I did take an extra 1 1/2 today so I had a minor slip up... I'm finally mentally until I actually have time to hang out with friends bc I'm such a shy person they really help me I know I have to get over that an I'm glad that I don't have time to hang out with friends that much... I'll get back on track though tomorrow... When r you planning to quit and are you going to wean off?

Closed Thread