It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
(female)

Zzsubs HB User
Suboxone - Need very simple plan - please read

Hello everyone,

I used Norco for 3 years due to chronic pain. I have osteonecrosis and other bone issues. I finally got to the point that I was taking just too much and went to a dr and was prescribed an induction plan last week.

Last Sunday I started induction with subutex for 3 days. 2 pills per day. Finished on Tuesday.
I started taking suboxone strips this past wednesday (3 days ago). Dosage is 12mg per day. 1 1/2 strips each day.

I am reading all the horror stories about suboxone and I don't wanna be on this med for a extended period of time. Since I've only been taking for 3 days I feel I am in a good position to start tapering since I haven't been taking for a long time. Today makes my 4th day and ones toy I haven't taken my morning dose yet.

So now you have the background. Here is my question....

How can I taper down starting now? I have 40 8mg/2mg suboxone packets still.
How can I in simple terms start tapering off. My doc says he wants me to take it forever for chronic pain. I don't want to go from one drug to another.

Please help. Ive been researching for 2 days and haven't been able to find anything on a taper plan for someone who just started taking suboxone.

Please help me. I would be ever so greatful.

The following user gives a hug of support to Zzsubs:
Phoenix (09-27-2012)
Old 09-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
(female)

Zzsubs HB User
Re: Suboxone - Need very simple plan - please read

Please someone reply and help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
(male)

scarecrow447 HB Userscarecrow447 HB Userscarecrow447 HB User

Well yes there are many horror stories involving suboxone and it can be very addictive as a substance. I agree with you on saying you wouldnt want to stay on it for a long time and i understand the concern. My suggestion to tapering off of the suboxone, which has worked for heroine addicts i knew taking it for withdrawal symptoms, would be half your doses for a week then fourth them then half your intake amount per day for a week as well. Then you should be able to make it through the day without any physical or psychological side affects but i would be sure to relate the fact you are taking yourself off the medication to your doctor. If he doesn't like what your doing and you can't come to an agreement on a different treatment plan then i would suggest a new primary care physician. Good luck hope this helps

The following user gives a hug of support to scarecrow447:
Phoenix (09-27-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
(female)

seazlife HB User

I just started suboxone yesterday, 1st dose a whole strip, got a REALLY BAD HEADACHE, today I said what is up with this? I am smarter than this. Took 1/2 strip AM 1/2 strip PM thats 8 mgs today, not 24 mgs like he prescribed. I am going to take that for 2 more days, then go to 1/3 strip for 3 days then 1/4 for 3 days then 1/8 and I know in my mind it will be fine, these Dr's are all in it for the $ we ALL KNOW THIS. Come on we gotta wake up, lets keep our hard earned money for ourselves. Did you ever notice the big smiles on the Doc's face? Do you smile like that, i bet not but you will, just go slow and do NOT TAKE 24 mgs a day

The following user gives a hug of support to seazlife:
Phoenix (09-27-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
norco, suboxone, taper, withdrawal