It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

FearANDloathin HB User
Day 1 of Loratab WD

I've typed this once and it all deleted so here we go again...

History: I'm a recovering addict from the time I was 17-22 I used every drug imaginable. I was never addicted to one certain drug I just enjoyed being high I guess. After going through many rehabs during this time (about 10 atleast) I woke up one day and decided I was done. I randomly do things like this to test my will power as weird as it sounds. (If I one day decide I want to be a marathon runner I will wake up and run 4 miles the next day even if I havent so much as ran 1/2 mile a day ever!) Anyways... I stayed off of drugs for a few years then when I would use it would just be a loratab here and there.

Last Year: I got in a car wreck in Oct 2011 I hurt my leg and I'm unable to stand for more then 30 minutes at a time. (This pain is still a mystery waiting to be solved) I will assure you it is VERY real. I went to the doctor in Jan (At this time I was starting 12 hr clinicals for school and knew there was no way I'd ever make it) My doctor put me on Tylenol 3's which I liked for a short time then I needed something more a month later he switched me to Talwin (which I absolutly HATED) he quickly took me off of those and put me on Loratab 5 I stayed on those for a few months usually taking 2 at a time atleast. It progressed from there the doctor then had me on Loratab 10 (liked these even better!) (I have 3 kids *Single mom here* and full time student) I loved the energy these gave me I could juggle it all!

Where it all starts to break down: Doctors where I live are really starting to crack down on opiate abuse. In one month I was cut from 4 10's a day to 60 5's for two weeks to 30 5's for two weeks thats only 2 loratab 5's a day! I took all those easily within 3 days. Last night after taking 2 loratab 10's at 5 pm eastern time. I decided thats it I'm done. I'm out and I'm not going to look any longer. (Another test of will power?) So at the end of all this here's what you need to gain from this. --I was on about 4-6 Loratab 10's a day sometimes 8 even. (I obviously have other ways to get them)

My thoughts: I'm a strong person with a good head on my shoulders I realize that this has now become an addiction and hence why Im going through withdrawls right now! I know taking them for energy to deal with my 3 kids and school is not okay and that in reality my kids will have a healthier happier mother If I'm not dependent on loratabs.

Where I'm at now: I woke up very fatigued took a bath b/c I was already experiencing some mild muscle discomfort took an Ibuprofen and now I'm experiencings some stomach issues still mild but growing in strength. I'm taking immodium for that.

Why I'm here: I'm here b/c no one knows about this addiction my family was so proud of me from where I've come since the last addiction that I cant tell them and break their heart. Hence why I'm here....for support and advice!

I want to know what to expect and if me quitting cold turkey was a good plan? By the way did I mention I'm doing this in the middle of finals week?

The following user gives a hug of support to FearANDloathin:
Phoenix (09-28-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
(female)

FearANDloathin HB User
Re: Day 1 of Loratab WD

So far the best thing I've done is to tell the person I've got them from in the past I have a lot of pride so for me to fail its going to have to be very bad I told her if anytime I ask for any to never give me more then 2 a day and only during this week bc of finals... So far I haven't felt the need to ask for them I'm going to get through this i think staying optimistic and not laying in bed all day may be helping? (not that I could lay in bed all day even if I wanted to).

The following user gives a hug of support to FearANDloathin:
Phoenix (09-28-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
(female)

FearANDloathin HB User

Oh and Imodium this helps wonders (so far atleast).

Old 09-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #4
(female)

rumorwild HB Userrumorwild HB User

Hi,
I just went through wd from lortab 10 and fentanyl patches 50mg. I had been on the lortab for nine years and the patches a month and a half. When he put me on the patches I decided it was time to get off of all of it. I have chronic neck problems is the reason I was on it to start with. Anyway I went to a rehab to detox and came out after six days. I had the drugs out of my system but spent another two weeks going through the rest of the wd's. I don't work so I spent most of the day laying around watching movies. When the anxiety got bad, which was the worse in the morning and mid afternoon, I would go outside and just walk around our pasture till it got better. The imodium is a must.... I started taking b12 complex sublingual and other vitamens and drank v8 and bananas and anything else I could get down. I lost 15lbs cause I just didn't want to eat. I was so happy the day I realised I was feeling so much better!. Hang in there and you can do it! I take 800mg ibphofen for the pain and it's working pretty good. I am so happy to be off the drugs! I'd do it all again if I had to but I will NEVER take another pain pill if I don't absolutely have to.
Good Luck!

The following user gives a hug of support to rumorwild:
Phoenix (09-28-2012)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rumorwild For This Useful Post:
FearANDloathin (09-05-2012), Phoenix (09-28-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
(female)

FearANDloathin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumorwild View Post
Hi,
I just went through wd from lortab 10 and fentanyl patches 50mg. I had been on the lortab for nine years and the patches a month and a half. When he put me on the patches I decided it was time to get off of all of it. I have chronic neck problems is the reason I was on it to start with. Anyway I went to a rehab to detox and came out after six days. I had the drugs out of my system but spent another two weeks going through the rest of the wd's. I don't work so I spent most of the day laying around watching movies. When the anxiety got bad, which was the worse in the morning and mid afternoon, I would go outside and just walk around our pasture till it got better. The imodium is a must.... I started taking b12 complex sublingual and other vitamens and drank v8 and bananas and anything else I could get down. I lost 15lbs cause I just didn't want to eat. I was so happy the day I realised I was feeling so much better!. Hang in there and you can do it! I take 800mg ibphofen for the pain and it's working pretty good. I am so happy to be off the drugs! I'd do it all again if I had to but I will NEVER take another pain pill if I don't absolutely have to.
Good Luck!
Thanks for the reply...I decided to wean off bc the symptoms got to severe so I'm doing a rapid wean yesterday I only took two today I've took two tomorrow and Friday I'm only going to take one that gets me through my last week of school so I have two weeks after that to be sick I came to the conclusion that cold turkey would not be easy and I picked the worse possible time to try hopefully this rapid wean works better I'm just happy I'm down to two that feels great I know it will feel even better to be completely off! Congrats to you!

Closed Thread