It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
(female)

cyntax HB User
Question Using Soma for Loneliness, how stop?

Started off for Fibromyalgia. Then realized 3 could put me to sleep, although gives me headache.

I want to have some access to it as it helps what intended for but now they give me 3 months at a time (for insurance reasons I guess). I could use reasonably one month at a time.
If I bring this up dr. will know there is a problem and stop it all togehter.

I hate being home so most of time make myself be busy and gone. When I get sick and have to be home is when I start mis-using it.

I've gone months and even years using only as intended and been much happier so hate to give it up all together as lost cause.

Suggestions or similar situations?

Because of depression interests seem to become fewer. Live in nice place but is lonelier that previous. would like to move but financially so much better off here.[/B]

The following user gives a hug of support to cyntax:
Phoenix (09-27-2012)
Old 09-15-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User
Re: Using Soma for Loneliness, how stop?

Hi Cyntax!
I know Soma...
Best thing to do us truly try to be busy. See friends, read a book, start exercising, start watching a new TV series... even get a pal to read the sand book with you to keep you from feeling lonely and keep you on track. If you have free time, you could volunteer.just ideas.
I totally get it. My weak moments are now (in general) cause I'm in between jobs. All that free time not only breeds loneliness but also boredom. Both can be your undoing... So try very hard to get on a schedule and find projects that you actually like, to do.
Like I said, I find that starting a new TV series on Netflix is great. You can have friends over or watch alone .... eventually you will feel better and want to go out. Muscle relaxors, pain meds, they all zap energy and feed depression. The longed you can stay away/ control it (if possible) the sooner you will want to make an effort to get your life back. (not to imply that you aren't trying, but man, you'd be surprised at how much they really effect you).
Good luck and keep us posted!
Wendy

The Following User Says Thank You to Wendy88 For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (09-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
addiction, interests, loneliness, soma carisoprodol