It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
(male)

RogerMay HB User
Neurontin Withdrawl (HELP PLEASE)

I have been on Neurontin 4800mg a day for about 5 years now. I was put on it after breaking my neck and back (17 vertabre) at work I have had 11 surgeries now, and have been taking this drug because I have developed RSD (Restrictive Sympathetic Dystrophy) in my left arm. The medication is the only thing that seems to treat this nerve pain.

But I would gladly have the pain over the withdrawl I get when I try to stop taking it. The withdrawl is incredably terrible. I have heard the the withdrawl symtoms last for up to a year, there is no way I could tolerate it for a Month let alone a year.

Is there any medicine to combat the withdrawl from this drug? If anyone knows what I should do please post - I am freakin out that this process may take Months to overcome, I have the absoloute best Doctor but his idea is to gradually come down on dosage, I have tried that, I have tried everything, now I just want to stop and get it out of my life.

I need help I have already been through hell and back more times than i can count now it's time to put the brakes on.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-18-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Crazy Diamond HB UserCrazy Diamond HB UserCrazy Diamond HB UserCrazy Diamond HB User
Re: Neurontin Withdrawl (HELP PLEASE)

I don't think there is anything out there to combat the wd's from Gaba. Why are you freaking out about a slow taper? I was on it as well, not that dose, but pretty close, 3000mg. I did a super slow taper over a years worth of time. Every day I got closer to being OFF. I am hear to tell you it can be done. But do it super slow.

removed

Sounds like you have been through the mill like me. Can you handle the pain once the meds are gone?

Last edited by Administrator; 09-20-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2012, 04:13 AM   #3
(male)

RogerMay HB User
Re: Neurontin Withdrawl (HELP PLEASE)

Well That I don't know, RSD is painful I remember on several ocasions trying to cut my hand off, I have smacked it with hammers put it in a vice just for the simple fact that at least that way I knew why it was hurting so bad. My Doc is awesome he lets me dictate how to deal with it, and says I am the one that deals with it so no one knows better than I do what works and what doesn't. I just want off this stuff and the sooner the better. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-20-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Closed Thread