It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

Amyxo HB User
I'm scared

I know I have a problem with cocaine. i love it and I hate it at the same time. I love the high of it but i hate that once i start I can't stop. I've only being going hardcore with it the past couple months but i already feel so out of control. I do it at least 4 days out of the week and most of my money goes toward it. It started out as so much fun, but lately its been causing me not to be able to sleep or eat properly. I've gotten maybe 6 hours of sleep in the past 2 days. And some days I can't even eat at all. But at the same time I haven't being doing for as long as those people you see on intervention. I don't know where to get help. i have no family support and i find myself just getting annoyed at my friends when they say im an addict. cuz addict to me is such a strong word and its something i thought i would never be labeled as. I feel so alone and scared. I dont know what to do

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Amyxo
GatsbyG (09-28-2012), Phoenix (09-29-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: I'm scared

Toronto Area of Narcotics Anonymous

Give them a call, Amy....they can help.
Wishing you recovery, honey.

Last edited by mod85; 09-29-2012 at 08:58 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to slenderella:
Phoenix (09-29-2012)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
Amyxo (09-28-2012), Phoenix (09-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
(female)

GatsbyG HB User

Hey There! I think the last post is great advice. I just wanted to send you a message to tell you I have been there to. I used almost every day in my late 20's and thru my 30"s. I felt like I could not go out to party's, with friends, or just about anywhere if I didn't have coke in my pocket. I have to say, I was fortunate enough to move away from it with the help of my friends who didn't use. I am 40 now and have not used for a few years. I had to take myself out of the situations that tempted me to use. I even asked my dealer to stop selling to me. I know how hard it is Girl. Take good care!

Last edited by moderator2; 09-29-2012 at 06:19 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to GatsbyG:
Phoenix (09-29-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to GatsbyG For This Useful Post:
Amyxo (09-28-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyxo View Post
I know I have a problem with cocaine. i love it and I hate it at the same time. I love the high of it but i hate that once i start I can't stop. I've only being going hardcore with it the past couple months but i already feel so out of control. I do it at least 4 days out of the week and most of my money goes toward it. It started out as so much fun, but lately its been causing me not to be able to sleep or eat properly. I've gotten maybe 6 hours of sleep in the past 2 days. And some days I can't even eat at all. But at the same time I haven't being doing for as long as those people you see on intervention. I don't know where to get help. i have no family support and i find myself just getting annoyed at my friends when they say im an addict. cuz addict to me is such a strong word and its something i thought i would never be labeled as. I feel so alone and scared. I dont know what to do
Hello Amyxo

You don't need to feel alone and I can relate to your plight.

You have identied the problem;from all parameters it seems,which is definitely a step in the right direction.

In the beginning,that euphoric sense of being is actually a false sense of security.

Once in the system,many things can happen.

Now here's the question: "Are you ready to call yourself an addict. or perhaps a person addicted to drugs?

May I ask if you have a plan going forward, such as AA(Alcoholics Anonymous) or NA(Narcotics Anonymous) ?

Respectfully

Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 09-29-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: left word out

The following user gives a hug of support to Phoenix:
Amyxo (09-29-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Amyxo (09-29-2012)
Closed Thread