It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Star Too HB User
2 years into recovery

Hi everyone. I used to be on this board constantly trying to find an easy way to detox and recover from Fentanyl, ambien, lortab, any kind of opiate or anything else I could get my hands on. Yeah, I found out there isn't an easy way. But I did it and am still working on it every day. I just came back to get inspiration from all of you and maybe be a comfort to someone. I am so grateful to the many people who helped me, hopefully I can pass a little of that on.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: 2 years into recovery

Hello Star Too

I wish you continued success in your endeavors.

Please remember to never rest on your laurels,for temptation takes no vacation and works twice as hard during celebratory events.

Know that you are always welcome to post here as often as needed.

Respectfully stated
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Star Too HB User

Hello, thank you for your post. I do have two years clean and a lot of compassion for those going through what I did. If you read my post you'll see I'm not "resting on my laurels". I work on it every day. I'm just happy to have my life back and hopefully I can encourage someone else. I'm still in continuing care, by my own choice, and learn so much from the people there and I think you'll agree there is so much to share.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-25-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Star Too,

I would never say that you are a person resting on your laurels. It was meant as a general statement .

There is a lot to say about experiencing things first hand. It can be a surreal eye-opener for many.

I also am fortunate,to begin seeing a semblance of my old self returning. It's been a long time coming but in retrospect,nothing truly happens before its' time.

There's a famous saying that states "we plan and God laughs."

I am so grateful for having 12 years clean; so much so, that some days I simply cannot turn off the water works and that's alright by me.

I have learned a lot,simply by being a member of healthboards.com(tm.) as they welcomed me from the very beginning, with open arms.

Please continue treatment,as I also am in this process.

Don't things look different on the other side of the fence?

Respectfully stated,
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 10-25-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: grammar correction

Closed Thread