It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User
Given up on

Well, last night was a bad night. My best friend basically told me she is giving on me because of my addiction to pain killers. She has always been there for me to help me try to get clean but something seems to always happen and drs give me hydrocodone for pain. This time its because I had surgery. I got hooked on them again. She basically told me she wants nothing more to do with me because of my addiction...so what the heck do I do now? The one person I need most in my life has given up on me after 7yrs of being addicted to pain killers. Feeling very low right now.

The following user gives a hug of support to loki2012:
Wendy88 (10-31-2012)
Old 10-31-2012, 02:05 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Given up on

Loki,

She's giving you "tough love" which is the most difficult yet one of the most endearing forms of caring.
It's time to be up front with your doctor, from the addiction perspective.
I'll be here for you but you have to first be there for yourself.
You can do this.
Remember these two words and you'll never go wrong: "No Excuses."

Friends you can get back but if you lose sight of yourself,misery can paint very different pictures at opportune times.

If no one told you this yet today,let me be the first to say "I Love You Unconditionally."

I'm not here to judge you but to help provide support,advice opinions to help you get to know that person you're running from;you.

Please don't give up on yourself;we're here for you.

Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 10-31-2012 at 02:06 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Wendy88 (10-31-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Loki,

She's giving you "tough love" which is the most difficult yet one of the most endearing forms of caring.
It's time to be up front with your doctor, from the addiction perspective.
I'll be here for you but you have to first be there for yourself.
You can do this.
Remember these two words and you'll never go wrong: "No Excuses."

Friends you can get back but if you lose sight of yourself,misery can paint very different pictures at opportune times.

If no one told you this yet today,let me be the first to say "I Love You Unconditionally."

I'm not here to judge you but to help provide support,advice opinions to help you get to know that person you're running from;you.

Please don't give up on yourself;we're here for you.

Phoenix
Thanks Phoenix but I dont know if I can tell my doc bc of all the health problems I have the only pain meds that work are the ones im addicted to, thats the problem. I have tried other meds like advil and tylenol, none of them work!

Old 11-04-2012, 05:40 AM   #4
(female)

Rkuhndog HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki2012 View Post
Well, last night was a bad night. My best friend basically told me she is giving on me because of my addiction to pain killers. She has always been there for me to help me try to get clean but something seems to always happen and drs give me hydrocodone for pain. This time its because I had surgery. I got hooked on them again. She basically told me she wants nothing more to do with me because of my addiction...so what the heck do I do now? The one person I need most in my life has given up on me after 7yrs of being addicted to pain killers. Feeling very low right now.
Don't worry she's just upset, because she cares about u, and it hurt her to see that you once again have to go through this again! Just because she's has to love you from a distance doesn't mean she's doesn't care! But, first try not to give all your attention to this relationship, ifs she's a true friend she's will always be there! You have a long hard road in front of you and need to give all your energy to YOU! No one can do this for u! Try looking into some 30 day rehabs u need to start somewhere. And u will need a lot of help, hopefully when ur friend see that u are taking step on ur own! I'm sure she will be back and supportive...

Reply Reply