It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
(female)

Rkuhndog HB User
Talking Coming off methadone

KI've been an addict basically as long as I can remember and just want to share a little with my experience with methadone. I've been on it for about a year and was up to 80mg.im finishing up drug treatment court with I've been n for 3 year. (whole other story) so I want to get of methadone, plus I just want to rid of these liquid handcuffs! So I've been drooping 4mg a week. Every Friday to be exact,once I started getting down to about 30 mg. nights started to get restless, and alot of back pain. SLOW is definitely the key, and keep hydrated and b12 vitamins always help, just remembering to do it every morning :-) after I would go down Friday mornings Saturday nights were getting kinda bad while I was at work. Can definitely feel the wd symptoms more in the evenings. I'm now down to 19mg and im just Sooooooooo ready to be done but know that I need to just keep doing what I'm doing! But I'm starting to get very uneasy, and do no want to hold this process up any more by staying on the same dose for longer or definitely not going back up. My nights are painful and my lower back hurts all the time, but I'm moving g forward and not looking back, so my suggestion for anyone really is just come down 3-5mg a week and just move at ur own pace what makes you comfortable :-) good luck to everyone

The following user gives a hug of support to Rkuhndog:
Phoenix (11-05-2012)
Closed Thread