It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
(female)

solace32 HB User
pregnancy and methadone

I'm 37wks pregnant and i'm on 120mg of methadone and have been since I found I was pregnant when I was four months.Before I found out was pregnant I was doing herion and I new the only way I could overcome my addiction was with help.I've been a addict for a long time and i new my body needed some type of drug to get threw.I'm not one of those people that denie who or what I am all I no is im a addict that is pregnant and new if I stopped that it would kill my baby trust me I wanted to but I new the sevearness of my situation.So I got on the methadone before I found out I was pregnant,so when I found out I wanted to come down i didn't want to be on that high of a dose but they wouldnt let me they said as long as I stayed on a stable dose it wouldnt matter if i was on 50mg or120 being stable was the most important thing to do so thats what im doing.Most likely im sure he will go threw withdrawls i hope and prey that he doesn't but im being realistic all I can do is pray and hope the good lord is watching over him so far no complications and will get back with you after I have him to let you no.If anyone knows much about this my eyes are watcing for you thanks alot.

The following user gives a hug of support to solace32:
Phoenix (11-15-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: pregnancy and methadone

Hello solace32 and welcome.

Please go to your ob/gyn asap.
This is not the thing you want to do on your own.
It's not just you that is suffering here.
The unborn child is at risk plus there are so many other variables to consider here.

Please make sure the fetus is alright and do whatever you need to, in order to ensure a safe delivery for the child into this world.

If you're up to it,please keep us updated.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
(female)

yrsofpainsucks HB Useryrsofpainsucks HB Useryrsofpainsucks HB User
Re: pregnancy and methadone

I have read some on pregnancy and methadone. It is actually more harmful to the baby for you to detox than use methadone. But you need to be in contact with a pediatritian that deals with this. In my reading there were conflicting things about the baby going through WD. Now this is 100% going to happen with herion. But there was some debate on whether methadone actually reaches the baby. This is something you need to be talking about with your docs. I wish you the best of luck and happiness with your baby

Reply Reply