It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
(male)

edellaflora HB User
Need advice for opiate addiction

First a little background, I started opiates 10 years ago when i was 15, doing them every other day for a few months until i wised up and decided to switch to twice a week. That lasted for about 9 years until last year when i started doing them every 3 days until the past few months when i started doing them every 2 days. I am no longer able to control it like i used to.
I've had enough and have decided to quit opiates for good. I have a decent sized tolerance, i can handle 300mg oral morphine easily. Luckily I have never had physical withdrawal from opiates before besides getting extremely anxious to dose again and occasional diarrhea. So you can say im addicted in every sense except for the fact that I dont have physical w/d. (yet)
I'm planning on seeing a cognitive behaivor therapist soon to help me learn how to live without them, but the problem is i would be unable to fight the cravings. This is why i arrived at suboxone therapy. I am meeting with a Suboxone Dr. this weekend to start suboxone therapy. Is this a good idea? Will it work in my circumstance? Or is there a better solution?

The following user gives a hug of support to edellaflora:
Phoenix (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 04:17 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Need advice for opiate addiction

Hello edellaflora and welcome.

You've decided to quit and that's an admirable quality.
Once use begins to progress and it can no longer be controlled,it's time to see help;which you did.

Depending upon what type of therapist you go to,your addiction needs can be properly addressed.There are often deep-rooted issues which can curtail recovery.

Going the suboxone route is definitely recommended.
Give it a try,as it has worked for many and I pray that you will be among those soon.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread