It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
(male)

AlbinoRino HB User
Methadone withdrawel

I am a recovering heroin addict. I got put on methadone and got up to 160mg a day. I was taking that for about 2-3 months then I started tapering at 1 mg every other day but realized that would take a whole year to get off, so i started going down 1 mg a day. Once i hit something like 120mg maybe 100mg i was feeling fine so i started doing 2mg a day. Honestly i had no withdrawel at all untill i reached about 20-30mg a day but i am also prescribed 6mg of xanax a day which helps a lot. I am now down to the point where i took 7mg today and tomorrow im taking 5mg. I dont plan on even going in for 3mg and 1mg because its a 30 minute drive and i feel like its pointless. But i am to the point where the withdrawel is starting to get to me. One reason may be im low on my xanax so i can only taking 1 a day and i had to skip a few days because my bottle wont get filled for a week. I was wondering what is the withdrawel like once you hit 0? So since methadone withdrawel last a month and ive been going down 2mg a day for the last 2 months that means i'm withdrawing the 60mg a month, so i feel like i should start feeling better each and every day after i hit 0 right? because instead of going down another 2mg i will be staying at 0mg and getting more and more used to it?

The following user gives a hug of support to AlbinoRino:
Phoenix (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 04:39 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Methadone withdrawel

Hello AlbinoRino and welcome.

Is the facility aware that you are taking additional medications?
Please bring this to their attention,as they have or can obtain copies of your medical records.
In the event you have either an underlying condition or adverse reaction,it would not be in your best interest to taper without first being cleared to do so.

Better safe than sorry.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread