It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
(male)

Voodoo driver HB User
I'm sick of Suboxone

Hello , I'm a 46 year old male and work hard every day , I was on OxyContin and very high doses of it but 4 years ago I started Suboxone at first it was two 8 mg a day , then it went to 3 , with insurance and the makers of this drug they have now got a hefty part of my check , to me this is pure evil , but being a truck driver and being out 5 or more days a week and my hours being strange , if your a tractor trailer driver you know , your up at 3 am and get off around 6
Pm and repeat. This lifestyle has me now taking 5 to 6 8 mg a day and now I buy it off the street , it's cheaper , to say cut it down is crazy I've had back surgery and 5 knee surgeries and my knee hurts so bad tears are dripping every day , I ask is there a Chinese remedy that can help me , just my energy alone is so low it's sad , I really want my life back and I'm sick of insurance companies making me poor and allowing me a certain amount even though a DR wrote a script , this is out of control , someone please show me how Chinese herbs work I won't stop working and go on disability I have to much pride , this Country always seems to get people to be dependent on Federal assistance , I'm a ex Army Vet , get my point here , the government is making us sick from these meds they get together with big farma and insurance , and look where we are now , please help me!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
(female)

shequest HB User
Re: I'm sick of Suboxone

I have been on Suboxone for just over a month. Was on 4mg morning, and now increased to 8 mg morning... I have not been tired, as a symptom yet... How long did it take for you to notice that Suboxone was causing you to be extremely tired... Or could it be the pain taxing your system?
I feel so much for you, totally understand your pain, and frustration. I have RSD or CRPS or both?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
(male)

Voodoo driver HB User

In the last two years it has gotten bad , it could be the pain but there has to be a better way I'm so tired of this game with doctors , insurance companies and big farma they all get rich and I get poorer I know there is a Chinese remedy that people say works I want to know what it is , be careful subs are just a trade off for another drug

Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
(female)

jewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB User

I really dont know of any Chinese remedies but have you tried getting a nerve block? Also, do you have CRPS/RSD? Shequest, CRPS is just the new name for RSD. It may be the hours that you work and the pain that are doing it versus the drugs. When you are having pain like that, even though you may sleep, it isn't a restful sleep so you will wake up feeling fatigued. Before I injured myself, I had no problem with sleeping. For the past six months, I now feel tired ALL the time! My husband tells me that there are times I am moaning in my sleep from the pain..I dont realize that I am doing this though because I am asleep, just not sleeping sound. Talk to your doctor about possibly taking a sleep aid on the days that you have off.

Last edited by mod85; 12-08-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
(male)

Voodoo driver HB User

Thanks for taking the time to write me , and you may be right , I also have sleep apnea but I can't sleep with all that crap on my face , my wife said I moan also in my sleep , but my DR put me on Nuvigil to stay awake and I love thus stuff but line everything the longer you are on it your body gets used to it and the Dr's all they know is what studies tell them , like Suboxone you need more as time goes on , and what kills me is the price for thus medication they make it so damn expensive , if you work half your check is for the drug but if your on assistance it's free , it really isn't fair ! That's my main complaint why is it that those who work pay the price but those who don't skate on by , sometimes I wonder why work , but I've read about this Chinese stuff that works wonders its all natural and really works , I joined this board after seeing some posts on it but can't find it since I joined , if I find it I will let you know , but please be very careful on taking this Suboxone it is just line all the other stuff , but I feel for you pain really sucks !!

Old 12-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
(female)

jewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB Userjewlz67 HB User

I can totally understand not being able to sleep with the sleep apnea stuff. I know I couldn't wear a c-pap! I hope you are able to find the right pain meds and something to help you sleep.

Last edited by mod85; 12-09-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

I don't know if this is considered "Chinese herbs", but you should try Cobroxin. I think it's now called Nyloxin. It's made from Cobra venom. It's worked great for me!!! There are two types though, a topical gel, and an oral spray. I prefer the oral spray because it then works throughout your whole body, not just one area. I was recommended it by another pain patient. When I was researching it, there was a story of an elderly man who had very bad arthritis in his hands, but happened to get bitten on the hand by a cobra. For months afterwards that hand felt great. He actually considered trying to find another snake to bite him. But research has shown the venom to work as well as morphine but needs no prescription. It does take about a week to build up in your system and work. For me it took 4 days, and then it was like a miracle! I had been shut of my normal pain meds and was suffering badly. After those 4 days, I felt as good as I did when on my usual meds.

I say research it and decide if its for you. If it works for you, please come back and let me know because I've mentioned it to so many people and I just want to know if it helps. Good luck!!

Last edited by Whynowthis; 12-08-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Closed Thread