It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
(male)

trixter25 HB User
New to Methadone and Scared

I just started taking Methadone a couple of days ago due to an addiction to oxycodone.

I was taking about 15-30mg every 4 -6 hours a day for about 6-7 months (oxycodone). I can't afford it anymore and decided to get help.
I found a methadone clinic and decided to go.

They started me out at 20mg liquid no take homes.
As of right now I have take 20mg for two days and it didn't seem to last the 24 hours so they raised it to 30mg this morning.

I definitely felt this one, almost like I took an oxycodone that is lasting all day.
But, now I'm freaking out because all of the horror stories I have read.
It's now been 12 hours since I took it this morning and I'm still feeling it, almost like the peak has yet to let go. Fatigued, light headed, and a tad weak.

I'm afraid that 30mg was too much for me and now I'm afraid to go asleep afraid that I won't wake up.

Is there anyone out there with some experience with this that can give me some information? Should I go to the E.R? Should I just shut up and stop thinking about it? I'm really freaking out and need some input about it.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: New to Methadone and Scared

Hello trixter25.

When in doubt,the emergency room should strongly be considered.

If you are still up,please make sure that you explain things fully to the clinic.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

20 to 30 mg of methadone is a relatively low dose as many on methadone take a daily dose of 80 to 120mg. Please put yourself in the care of a doctor who will wean you off of all drugs including methadone or get to a rehab. that should be your end game. They call methadone liquid handcuffs because it is literally impossible to get off of not to mention the lifetime of constipation the drug causes most users. A month or two of withdraw is better than a lifetime on methadone. All the best and good luck

Old 03-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
(male)

Mikeh66 HB UserMikeh66 HB User

Been awhile, how is it going now? I have been on 90mg/day for a long time and am going to increase it to 120mg/day next month.

Anyhow, good luck and may God bless you

MikeH66

Closed Thread