HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Addiction & Recovery (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/addiction-recovery/)
-   -   Lexapro -no prescription (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/addiction-recovery/931444-lexapro-no-prescription.html)

KatieD3 12-12-2012 06:36 AM

Lexapro -no prescription

Hi ,
i know of someone using lexapro... and looking at the changes in his life style i see that his clearly affected by this drug... he seems to be severely depressed and lately the thing he seems to be doing isn't very like him

Now i dont know the UK laws. he currently resides in UK.
and i dont want to get him into trouble either ..

Could i know the laws relating to the use of Lexapro without a prescription. and is there anyone i could contact with regard to this matter ??

thanks

Phoenix 12-12-2012 06:58 AM

Re: Lexapro -no prescription

Hello KatieD3 and welcome.

Citalopram is available by prescription in the UK.w
Wouldn't it be easier to get a proper diagnosis and then a prescription for said medication,if warranted?
It's unclear why he's taking this medication but know the way he's going about it could get him in trouble with law enforcement.This is neither to be condoned or applauded.

You can contact the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), the prescriptions watchdog,to find out more info.

Respectfully
Phoenix

KatieD3 12-12-2012 07:01 AM

I know... its a sad situation.. and getting him tangled with Law enforcement would only make things worse...
Thank you so much for directing me to someone.
i appreciate it :)

Phoenix 12-12-2012 07:17 AM

No problem at all.

Yes,it is sad and can be dangerous for him in more ways than one.

If this is someone you're close with,maybe a little "friendly concern" directed his way may help.

Respectfully
Phoenix

lenvegas 12-12-2012 09:46 AM

Lexapro is in the class of anti depressants known as SSRI type drugs. They are a seratonin uptick drug which means they fool the brain into producing the feel good substance of seratonin. It is similar to Prozak and Paxil. It normally takes about 2 or 3 weeks for the patient to feel any benefits. One of the side effects of these type drugs is depression which is strange because it is used to treat depression. These drugs help some people and hurt others. With or without a prescription this type of drug may be very dangerous because of its unpredictability..Your friend should seek professional help.

loki2012 12-22-2012 10:53 PM

[COLOR="Magenta"][/COLOR][QUOTE=lenvegas;5103147]Lexapro is in the class of anti depressants known as SSRI type drugs. They are a seratonin uptick drug which means they fool the brain into producing the feel good substance of seratonin. It is similar to Prozak and Paxil. It normally takes about 2 or 3 weeks for the patient to feel any benefits. One of the side effects of these type drugs is depression which is strange because it is used to treat depression. These drugs help some people and hurt others. With or without a prescription this type of drug may be very dangerous because of its unpredictability..Your friend should seek professional help.[/QUOTE]
My takes lexapro for depression. It's working great bc she's happy all the time now. What good is it on the street??