It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
(female)

KatieD3 HB User
Lexapro -no prescription

Hi ,
i know of someone using lexapro... and looking at the changes in his life style i see that his clearly affected by this drug... he seems to be severely depressed and lately the thing he seems to be doing isn't very like him

Now i dont know the UK laws. he currently resides in UK.
and i dont want to get him into trouble either ..

Could i know the laws relating to the use of Lexapro without a prescription. and is there anyone i could contact with regard to this matter ??

thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to KatieD3:
Phoenix (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Lexapro -no prescription

Hello KatieD3 and welcome.

Citalopram is available by prescription in the UK.w
Wouldn't it be easier to get a proper diagnosis and then a prescription for said medication,if warranted?
It's unclear why he's taking this medication but know the way he's going about it could get him in trouble with law enforcement.This is neither to be condoned or applauded.

You can contact the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), the prescriptions watchdog,to find out more info.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
(female)

KatieD3 HB User

I know... its a sad situation.. and getting him tangled with Law enforcement would only make things worse...
Thank you so much for directing me to someone.
i appreciate it

Old 12-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

No problem at all.

Yes,it is sad and can be dangerous for him in more ways than one.

If this is someone you're close with,maybe a little "friendly concern" directed his way may help.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Lexapro is in the class of anti depressants known as SSRI type drugs. They are a seratonin uptick drug which means they fool the brain into producing the feel good substance of seratonin. It is similar to Prozak and Paxil. It normally takes about 2 or 3 weeks for the patient to feel any benefits. One of the side effects of these type drugs is depression which is strange because it is used to treat depression. These drugs help some people and hurt others. With or without a prescription this type of drug may be very dangerous because of its unpredictability..Your friend should seek professional help.

The Following User Says Thank You to lenvegas For This Useful Post:
KatieD3 (12-12-2012)
Old 12-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #6
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvegas View Post
Lexapro is in the class of anti depressants known as SSRI type drugs. They are a seratonin uptick drug which means they fool the brain into producing the feel good substance of seratonin. It is similar to Prozak and Paxil. It normally takes about 2 or 3 weeks for the patient to feel any benefits. One of the side effects of these type drugs is depression which is strange because it is used to treat depression. These drugs help some people and hurt others. With or without a prescription this type of drug may be very dangerous because of its unpredictability..Your friend should seek professional help.
My takes lexapro for depression. It's working great bc she's happy all the time now. What good is it on the street??

Closed Thread

Tags
lexapro, no prescription