It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
(male)

Victoriap9 HB User
Unhappy Help I can't stop!

I was so proud of myself going sober fir 5 days and withdraws were only bad fir couple days my heart was acting abnormal so I started up again and it started beating more normal. But now I keep saying I will stop and hate myself the next day. I need support and aa has not helped at least meetings I've gone to. Should I keep going? It's a matter of life that I stop my health so bad. If I can find some support on here it would be great.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Victoriap9
ctrue (12-30-2012), Phoenix (12-25-2012)
Old 12-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Help I can't stop!

Hello Victoriap9 and welcome back.

Try not to get too down on yourself.
Recovery is a process.It encompasses the good,the bad and those "in between" moments.
Might I suggest getting a physical;to make sure your body is being adequately supplied with the necessary vitamins and minerals.
Two of the the most prominent sayings in AA are: "bring the body;the mind will follow" and "it works if you work it,so work it,you're worth it.
AA has worked for many.Look at it as an investment in your quality of living.You get out of it what you put into it.
Give it some time to enter your thoughts.
It's not about comparing but it's about the group consciousness.
Once one has surrendered;truly surrendered to alcohol,the enormous grip of addiction lessens in its intensity.
People share at meetings,in the hopes of helping themselves,which in turns helps another fellow member.

Please note that not all meetings will carry enlightening moments.The thing to remember in times like this is why you are there;to do away with the insanity,that alone couldn't be accomplished.
Seeking help is one of the most responsible things you can do.
I pray that you give AA a little time to work for you and in you.Take the time to see if the miracle will happen.

Respectful wishes
Phoenix

The following user gives a hug of support to Phoenix:
Victoriap9 (12-26-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Victoriap9 (12-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

You should continue with AA and go to several meetings a day if possible. As a newcomer you are the most important person there. Go at least 30 days to get your 30 day chip and then evaluate your situation to see if AA is really for you and remember that everyone there was a newcomer at one time. The one thing in your favor is that you want to quit and that is half the battle,,,,,LenVegas

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lenvegas For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (12-25-2012), Victoriap9 (12-26-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
(male)

Victoriap9 HB User

Thank you so much for your advice, it is quite a difficult journey to make it through addition as it takes control of your life, mind, and body. I was so excited to see this site having an area dedicated to addition and recovery. It really helps to read others facing these difficult challenges to the path of recovery,hence I see now how aa helps so much. I will keep going and see where it leads me, hopefully there will be a miracle and my life will change soon.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
(female)

ctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB User

Dont be too hard on yourself!! Atleast you are to the point that you admit you have the problem and are trying to do something about it.
Addiction is not easy to beat! AA meetings are a good form of support, so I would try to keep going. There are different AA groups everywhere, so if one group isnt right, try a different location. You can also look online for support groups in your areas and there is this site as well that offers alot of support.
Have you seen a doctor to get help with your addiction? If your health depends on it, a doctor would be a good way to get help as well. They can help make w/ds easier and help you to with the addiction.
I wish you lots of luck and will keep you in my prayers. One day at a time is the way to do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ctrue For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (12-30-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
addiction, alcohol treatment, alcohol use, alcoholic