It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
Should I tape or cold turkey?

I have been on oxycodone 10/325 since 2004. I was taking 1 1/2 a day. Sometimes more if I am going out or drinking at home. (I start AA on 1/1/13 and want to be clean too.) I have been in and out of AA. I have used the Thomas recipe 3 times in the past to get off the pills.

Today I am taking 1/4, 1/4, 1/2, 1/4
12/28 I am taking 1/4 1/8 1/4 1/8
12/29 I am taking 1/8 1/8 1/4 1/8
12/30 I am taking 1/8 1/8 1/4 1/8
12/30 I am taking 1/8 1/8 1/8 0
12/31 I am taking 1/8 0 1/8 0

I am miserable. I have these w/d symptoms: chills, body aches, yawning constantly, very runny nose, then I take a 1/4 and they go away for 2 hours or so. Am I easing my body into making it's own opiates? I take a little more before my husband comes home from work, so I can cook and tidy up. I am very depressed. I haven't bought the L-Tyrosene, but I have gotten off of percocet before and it helped immensely.

Should I forget all this and just go cold turkey? I feel like I'm just dragging out the inevitable, but it is easier. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
Re: Should I tape or cold turkey?

I decided to just go cold turkey...I was just dragging out the inevitable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
(male)

imgettingbetter HB User

i agree. I was at the point you are at now many many times. Just grin and bear it. You can do it. You are at a point where you will have only 3-4 days of crap. Lets get each other through this.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Rosebuddy

Hope all is going well in your efforts to get off the Oxy. I also got off of Oxycodone, although I did it by taper. I will say that the taper you had posted was a pretty fast one, and one that probably would have had withdrawal equal to cold turkey.

If you have made the decision for yourself to go cold turkey and feel strong enough to do it, then I am 100% behind you. We all have to come up with a plan that feels right for us as an individual.

Use all the tools that others have used here on the board and those you have from experience. It really helped me to remind myself often that detox is merely a process with a beginning and an end. The crummy symptoms we go through as we detox? All symptoms of healing and restoring the body and organs and systems that make us tick. Each one we endure is bring us closer to the end of the process.

Good luck to you! You can do it and when the going gets tough, post it out and let us bear it with you.

Hugs
reach

The Following User Says Thank You to reachout For This Useful Post:
rosebuddy (12-30-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
cold turkey, oxycodone, percocet, taper