It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
(male)

Greenfean HB User
Will oxy help w valium w/d?

Google and the search on the forum yeilded nothing, maybe becuz including tge word opiate or oxy over rides the search becuz so many ppl abuse. I started goin into w/d yesterday, my head feel super wack, im all tingely especially my spine, and i get tremors/spasm from the cold part of the coldsweats. Im wondering if taking a perc or vic will help easy the way i feel?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Will oxy help w valium w/d?

Hi Greenfean

It is not wise at all to use Oxy to detox from Valium. In the end, treating the valium addiction with Oxy will lead to a an Oxy addiction. Not wise or sensible at all.

I do have to ask... are you trying to come off Valium cold turkey? If so, it is very dangerous. Cold turkey from a benzo like Valium can easily lead to seizures. Any and all benzos call for a very sloww taper off of them.

I have tapered from Xanax. It took months and months and in hindsight, I should have stretched it out to a year. However, even stretching it months, I was able to finally walk off pretty easily.

The rule of thub when tapering from a benzo is to never cut more than 10% from ONE dose only regradless of how many doses are taken in a day. When you feel level again... probably 10 days to 2 weeks, then make the next cut from another of your doses. On and on it goes until you are down to doses that are just crumbles. (Pills will often have to be smashed up and then a dose measured by eye.)

Let us know how you are faring and if you have any other questions, fire away.

With hope always
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread