It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
(female)

junkmailboneyar HB User
Fast Norco Taper?

I don't know if one exists but I'm working on this now. I tried dropping super fast because I can't refill my script. Well, I could, but I don't want to because I have a state application to do and I do not want to note that I have active script for this crap. If I don't refill, I don't need to mention it. I have 30 5/125 mgs left and an old bottle, about 30 or 40, of 5/500 regular Vicodin. I'm hoping I can use this to taper because I will not refill it.

So, I've been using for years, didn't get my own script until last year. I take about 4 10mg Norcos a day. I think that's a lot, though I've seen worse, but it's enough to make me sick trying to dump this.

I managed to drop to 2 on day one, 1 yesterday and today I struggled something awful and wound up taking 1.5. I feel like crap tonight. I have a headache too. I'm nervous and jittery. I think I dropped too fast. I also pushed out the dose so long that by the time I took one, it felt like it did nothing at all. Is that normal?

Given that fact that I currently have 30, 10mg tabs and 30 5 mg tabs, anyone have a good schedule that I can follow to taper off.

Also, I feel like I'm going cold turkey, felt that way all damn day. I didn't know what to do with myself, smoked a lot, felt light headed, muscles hurt, super tired. I still feel this way. Today has been just torture. How is that possible if I took 1.5, that's half my original dose?

Jeez, when I woke up around 2 am last night, I had a stomach ache and I was restless and tossing. I got up this morning and the stomach pain was really front and center, aching legs.

I had such a good day on day two that I felt like today was going to be much better.

I could use some advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
(female)

cocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB User
Re: Fast Norco Taper?

I think you should taper your self off a little slower you are trying to stop to quick and can do more damage than good. if you were taking taking 4 a day try 2 a day than every 2 day or so go lower.
cocoa

Old 01-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
(female)

junkmailboneyar HB User

That's what I started doing - two a day and it's working nicely. That was way too fast and I'm under insane stress right now, I couldn't handle jonesing on that level. I'm doing two for four, then 1.5 for four, then one for four and half. I hope that works.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
(female)

cocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB Usercocoa100 HB User

good luck and be strong you can do it

Closed Thread