It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
(male)

Paulos HB User
Question Hi, I'm Paulos and an opiate withdrawler.

I'm on Day 1, hello all... I'm new here and I figured I should seek some help, though I have understood opiate withdrawal and all I ran out early this month so therefore I have to go through about 18 days of withdrawal *yeah, lovely*.

I'm not asking for advice, I guess I'm just curious on what can be said about it, I've been on the Vicodin for over a year and as obvious I'm addicted... the withdrawal though is hard, and scares me to death...

The following user gives a hug of support to Paulos:
Phoenix (01-14-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Hi, I'm Paulos and an opiate withdrawler.

Hello Paulos.

Going through withdrawal can be an overwhelming task for many.

Please pay close attention to what your body is trying to tell you at all times.
In case of emergent situations,use your best judgement and don't go it alone.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
Re: Hi, I'm Paulos and an opiate withdrawler.

I have been on oxycodone since 2004. I am going cold turkey using the Thomas Recipe. I did it one other time and I could handle it. The L-tyrosene does help with the blahhs that I experienced for about 3 weeks the last time, but it made my skin get blotchy in the sun, and it hasn't ever gone away.

Mindless movies so you can just lay back and try not to think are a good idea. I got Michael, City of Angels and a few others.

My husband is going to "take care of me" during my detox. No runny nose or yawning yet, and it's been 9 hours. I usually take 15 mg every 4 to 5 hours. I was going to taper, but I have to start working and I don't want to take on a job withdrawing. Recently I went to pain mgmt doctor, who had all the patients give urine samples. Surprise! I don't usually smoke, but hit the pipe a few times, so no more percocets for me.

I'm glad really. I was tired of the merry-go-round. I want my life to be an open book. Aren't you relieved really to be off them? I am.

The following user gives a hug of support to rosebuddy:
Phoenix (02-02-2013)
Reply Reply