It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
(male)

panter HB User
Suboxone Treatment

Hi people, Thinking about trying suboxone but there is a wait everywhere where I am at. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by mod85; 01-18-2013 at 02:10 AM.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
(male)

seeaya123 HB User
Re: Suboxone Treatment

Made me sick, ended up in the ER, what a mess. It turned out the doctor prescribed to much to fast, be very careful. A good alternative may be Subutex. I was on it for six months, then transitioned to Baclofen, it's amazing, no craving or anxiety. I have found that the drug addiction and recovery industry does not like this drug as it may effect their profits. Check it out. Also there is a doctor who wrote a book about his journey, Dr Olivier Ameisen. Good Luck.

Last edited by mod85; 01-23-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Panter

Glad to find you posting here.

Panter, I have never used suboxone. What I know about it is from reading what others have shared here and doing my own research.

While I was abusing Oxycodone and Xanax, I never really felt the intense cravings others have when coming off of them. Odd as it may sound, my mind reached sobriety long before I finished tapering from these drugs. Suboxone (and Subutex) are able to keep withdrawal symptoms at bay. To me, the greatest element of Suboxone is that it gives an addict time to get the head on straight again and think much more clearly about the addiction. It provides the time for an addict to work on wanting sobriety and finding the determination to fight for it. For some, it is absolutely the path to take.

Both Suboxone and Subutex contain buprenorphine, an opiate substance. I believe subutex is used for a fairly rapid withdrawal (like 10 days), while Suboxone is used for a more prolonged, long term treatment. Once the addict is truly ready to strive for sobriety, then a withdrawal from the sub must be made. It is an opiate withdrawal like any other. I found that some did not realize this going into sub treatment and were caught offguard.

I wish you well in whatever path you choose. stay in touch and let us know how it is going.

Wishing you well
reach

Old 01-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
(male)

seeaya123 HB User

reachout, I was on Subutex for six months after detox for cravings (some help but not enough) and pain management. I found that as I tritated off Subutex to Baclofen I had bone suprs in my hips so it's good for pain management as it is for detox. I am in a good place with Baclofen right now. I wish the Addiction and Recovery industry would look at Baclofen. Google Baclofen and addiction for some interesting reading.

Closed Thread