It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 01:17 AM   #1
(female)

FHL7410 HB User
methadone

Anyone ever used methadone or soboxone for pain

Last edited by FHL7410; 01-23-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Question about how to quit narcotics

There are physicians who specialize in addiction recovery and chronic pain issues. They could help outline a taper plan for you and try to substitute meds that will control the pain without causing addiction. It will take time, but if you could get off alcohol successfully, you can get off this too. Just don't try to do it alone or without medical guidance. That can be dangerous and the pain must be managed somehow as you are tapering off the narcotics. Many insurance companies now cover addiction treatment. I would check into yours and see what is available.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #3
(female)

FHL7410 HB User

Thank you ladybug for the quick response. It scares me because i've NEVER been in this much pain in my life. This isn't the way I planned things to be after my daughter wad born, but I suppose things never really go as planned. I guess what it really comes down to is that I'm just really really scared. That this may never resolve and a million other things to. I know I worry too much. Thanks again.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

I was on 60 + mg of percocet.I tapered off once successfully, but relapsed and am now on my 6th day of cold turkey withdrawal. I suggest a taper since you can't rest and recover for 4 days. I have a blog if you want to read it. If you tell your doc that you are an addict/alcoholic, he will stop the percs. It's very hard to do, but just make the call. If you have a written scrip, tear it up. Keep just enough of the percs to taper a quarter pill every 3 or 4 days. That's what I did when I tapered. I was able to taper no problem Use Ibuprofen or tylenol, or ask your doctor.I have been in this hell since 2004. You don't want to end up like me. It feels so good not to be tied down to the pills. And I had a lot of guilt over it, like my secret that I didn't tell anyone. My best friend is a recovering alcoholic and she takes vicoden only as needed, no more than one a day, usually none. Most of 'us' can't do that. Good luck. congrats on your baby and I hope you feel better soon. Wishing you all the best. P.S. the percs led me back into drinking after 8 years of sobriety. My husband had 10 years and he relapsed to because i shared my percs with him. Huge mistake.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
(female)

FHL7410 HB User
Smile Re: Question about how to quit narcotics

Rosebuddy. Congratulations on you six days!!! That's huge. If I

Last edited by FHL7410; 01-23-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:58 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

FHL, do you know what is causing your pain? That is not normal for being this far post-partum, although you mentioned some complications. It would be important to try to get to the bottom of the cause of the pain, as it may be fixable, then you wouldn't need pain meds. For example, I had a tiny fragment of placenta retained in my uterus for several months after birth, which got infected and caused TERRIBLE pain, and a D&C took care of it completely. I had no fever or anything to suggest infection, just unbearable pain in my uterus.

Closed Thread