It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
(female)

momof2wifeof1 HB User
Helllo Everyone, almost day 60 but questions

I don't know if there are many females out here or not but I have some questions.....since I have stopped popping Vicodin and Percocets for almost 60 days, I have noticed alot of weight gain. I have always been thin so any weight you can see and of course it iright in my belly. Also, can not taking vicoden mess up my cycles because they are all out of whack. No I am not pregnant, for i have taken a test. I don't mind the weight gain, it is better than the addiction to the pills but every day I am noticing new things LOL.

Hang in there everyone, life does get better. Love YOURSELF DANG IT

Old 01-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User
Re: Helllo Everyone, almost day 60 but questions

Hi!
Congrats on your 60 days!! Woo hoo!
I'm a girl ... w a roxy issue. I put on weight w it cause I just got so lazy, on top of other issues, bad back etc.
Now that im fighting back, I've lost over 30 pounds etc...

I think for u, perhaps the meds took away some appetite and now it's back. Your body is trying to regulate itself now without the pills, I'd think... possibly explaining the period situation.
Also u may be eating more cause u aren't zoned out all the time on pills and now take snacks or nibbles when normally I would take a pill. It's like a smoker quitting and gaining due to oral fixation.
Anyhow I'm not a doctor, and if u get worried, go get a quick physical. Im sure everything is normal but it will lift the weight from your mind.
Keep on going strong!

W

The Following User Says Thank You to Wendy88 For This Useful Post:
momof2wifeof1 (01-30-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
(female)

momof2wifeof1 HB User
Re: Helllo Everyone, almost day 60 but questions

Thanks Wendy, I think you are right. I was take Vicodin and Perc's like it was my meal. I was never hungry. I just get worried because of the cravings for candy and stuff. I am afraid to stop smoking because then it will really escalate it LOL but to be honest, since I have stopped the pills, the smoking is not as much, probably because my lungs are not numbed up from the pills LOL. I wish all the best of luck. Keep on Trucking, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hubs and I quit together, he lasted 10 days, he is back on full force. It really is hard looking at him and knowing he is high and thinkiing "That is what I looked like", it really is not pretty. That is why every morning, no matter how I feel, I look in the mirror and say "I love you and I sure am damn proud of you beautiful" yes it sounds stupid because I am by no means beautiful BUT I know I have to hear it from me and accept it for me. I am doing this for me and my girls (ages 9 and 3). This board has been a savior for me. I have been reading things since day one of my kicking the pills. Thanks to everyone again!!

Reply Reply