It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #1
(male)

kingofrelapse HB User
Getting through opiate PAWS

As my name may indicate, I have gotten clean and relapsed several times.

I just finished a 5-day suboxone taper and now must deal with the discomfort/lack of energy that I know the next few weeks are going to bring me. My job is physically demanding and I work 50+ hours a week so my primary concern is how am i going to make it to Friday, considering how low I know my energy level is going to be. Monday (tomorrow) is by far my busiest day and i will be on the clock 5am-5pm or later, and i am not excited about it.

I use caffeine to my advantage and try to eat consistently/lots of H2O and vitamins- I am wondring if anyone has other recommendations. I would really prefer to not have to take more suboxone to make it through.

-Thankyou

Old 03-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Getting through opiate PAWS

Hi King

Welcome.

I wish I could offer you a sure-shot solution, but I just don't know of any. It just takes time and we have to muddle through as best as we can. I had to truly force myself many times to be physically active during withdrawal (I tapered long and slow). Unlike you, I had the benefit of not working.

I think you are doing the right things with the hydration and vitamins.

Wish I could offer you more, but I do offer you my best wishes for success. Please keep us informed of how things are going for you, okay?

With hope
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread