It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
(female)

PTAMom22 HB User
Tramadol Withdrawl..PLEASE HELP!

I have "tried" numerous times to just quit taking Tramadol and figure out a better alternative to pain management. I have failed...every time. This time it was kinda a "forced" thing due to the fact that my meds are gone and it's too early for a refill. I do admit that I don't take it as I should. But this is seriously the worlds WORST timing! I suffered a concussion this past Wednesday and am now on day 1 1/2 of withdrawl. As soon as that little tickle in my throat starts and the post nasal drip slowly begins...I FREAK OUT! Idk what to do! I've tried numerous "remedies" and suggestions but I NEVER make it past day 3-4 because I just can't take it! I don't feel comfortable talking to my Doctor and there's no way in heck I'm going to a "clinic" in a big city. I have researched every possible way to help get through withdrawls, but I'm tired of the "solutions" suggesting taking alternative drugs. I'm NOT going to lie...I have done that too because anyone going through withdrawls knows..you would drink shampoo if someone told you that it would STOP the withdrawls! I've started taking Benadryl to help with the feeling that I'm drowning, and Advil, Tylenol to help with the aches and pains, and Imodium for the very unpleasant gastro symptoms. I REALLY want to make it this time, but thanks to the twitching, hot/cold flashes and insomnia....my will power is horrible at this point. Ohhhh and to top it all off I'm in the middle of moving. Therefore, I openly welcome advice and suggestions! PLEASE!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Tramadol Withdrawl..PLEASE HELP!

Hi Mom

Welcome.

Good post at the top of this board titled, "Suggestions for Tapering."

Although I tapered, the first cuts my doctor made were too large and I was thrown into full withdrawal. Not something we forget very easily. I took a LOT of hot baths, and tried what I could to keep that anxiety at bay. To do this, I had to find ways to keep mentally and physically active according to my ability. Played a lot of solitaire on the computer. Swept the floors, cleaned drawers and such. Also, practicing brathing techniques (like Lamaze) helped to calm me.

And although I know you don't want to, talking to my doctor was the BEST choice I made. He wasn't shocked, only willing to help me. Sure, I was embarrassed and sobbing as I spit my story out, but once it was out, what a weight was lifted from me! he sat with my husband and me and together we wroked out a slow tapering plan. Reconsider your stance here, okay?

In the meantime, I am rooting for you and hoping for only the best for you.
Hugs
reach

Old 04-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
(female)

RiggasWife HB User
Smile Re: Tramadol Withdrawl..PLEASE HELP!

I have also been thru tramadol withdrawl. The worst ever so far when it comes to withdrawls. I have learned a few tricks to ease the WD. The Benadryl helps at night time for the insomnia if you drink something caffeinated with it. Sounds strange but it worked for me and anytime I may run short I do that. Also if you are on a antidepressant it helps boot the seratonin in your brain and trick it into thinking its tramadol. I take Effexor. I got into a nasty cycle taking the tramadol to wean off Vicodin then got hooked on the tramadol good luck even though this is a bit old.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
(female)

climbatree HB User
Re: Tramadol Withdrawl..PLEASE HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiggasWife View Post
I have also been thru tramadol withdrawl. The worst ever so far when it comes to withdrawls. I have learned a few tricks to ease the WD. The Benadryl helps at night time for the insomnia if you drink something caffeinated with it. Sounds strange but it worked for me and anytime I may run short I do that. Also if you are on a antidepressant it helps boot the seratonin in your brain and trick it into thinking its tramadol. I take Effexor. I got into a nasty cycle taking the tramadol to wean off Vicodin then got hooked on the tramadol good luck even though this is a bit old.
You got addicted to trammies using them to come off vicodin? Ewww, that's what I am doing now, using them to come off Vicodin. I planned to take them for two weeks, reduce every four days and jump. I'd love to know what happened in your case, I was to be very careful here.

Closed Thread

Tags
tramadol, ultram withdrawal