It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2013, 05:37 AM   #1
(male)

arbe79 HB User
Methadone withdrawl, what to expect? TRUTHFULLY

Hi, all. My name is Travis. I started to got to a methadone clinic to resolve my opiate addiction about a year and a half ago. I can no longer afford to go and knew this in advance so my doc/councelor Put me on a medically supervised withdrawl. I was at 120mL when I started coming down. I go to the clinic once a week as I get 6 take homes (could be 13 but I cant afford it all at once). I want to know the truth because this clinic they seem more like salwmen than worried about your health. They way I tapered was 120 one week, 110 the next week, 100 the next till I got to 50. I then started going down only 5 mL at a time so 45, 40, 35,30 etc. I am at 15 mL starting tomorrow and can feel the wds starting to kick in now a little bit more each day. My plan is to go 15 tomorrow, 10, 5,2 then done. I have no choice. The money is gone. Suboxone is not an option as I am on xanax and cant come off of it. So this is IT!!! I am doing this like it or not. I wish I would have never went on the Done but how long do I have in hell to look forward to? I take potassium, A-Z vitamins, Immodium is on stand by, Aleve. I am just scared because it is going to happen because I WON'T give in and relapse or go back to the methadone. Thanks guys.

The following user gives a hug of support to arbe79:
Phoenix (04-03-2013)
Old 04-05-2013, 04:58 AM   #2
(female)

cetiya HB User
Re: Methadone withdrawl, what to expect? TRUTHFULLY

so how are you doing? i have to quit a drug i've been on for 10 years due to insurance issues. today will be my last dose and i'm going cold turkey. i have five days off work, so i'm hoping i'll be ok to come back to work. hang in there, we all know how it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread