It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
(female)

jlsp HB Userjlsp HB User
Question 10mg a day Vicodin

My neighbor, whom I think is in her 70's has been very ill with what seemed to me to be drug withdrawals but she swears she never took more than 5 to 10mg a day for about 6 months, and often skipped days. I believe her as her daughter controlled her prescription and agreed with her dosage. She's not on any other pain medication or benzos but is beginning to flu like symptoms (it's been 3 days since her last dosage of 5mg) and has the often familiar diarrhea and joint pain that comes from withdrawals. I saw her in the hallway a bit ago and told her to call her daughter and get in to see the doctor asap. So, what do you all think? Could she be in the beginning stages of opiate withdrawal? I know it hits harder as when the individual gets older and she says other than the pain of arthritis she hasn't any other medical conditions.
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Last edited by mod85; 06-02-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
(male)

xxBass HB User
Re: 10mg a day Vicodin

From what you're saying, she is probably telling the truth, right? 10mg vic isn't all that much and access is controlled by her daughter. Why do you think it might be WD's? Any history of drug seeking? Could she be hiding another source of meds?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
(female)

jlsp HB Userjlsp HB User
Re: 10mg a day Vicodin

Thank you for your response. Yes, I'm sure she's telling the truth. I hadn't seen my neighbor for a few days and when I finally did, I asked if she had been sick. She told me, "no, I ran out of my pain medication and it hurt too much to walk." Then she started complaining of diarrhea; restless leg; and chills without a fever. I met her daughter once at the drug store a few weeks ago and we chatted a bit. That's how I know about my neighbors medication history. I just found out that her daughter gets back from Seattle tonight. Apparently she has an appointment to see her doc next week and refill her script. Oh, and I was wrong about less than six months on Vicodin. I guess it's been a little over a year. I told my neighbor to let me know if her BP goes up or she begins to feel a lot worse.

Closed Thread