It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
(female)

skier2 HB User
Unhappy Trying to come off lorazapam

Hi, along with many others, I am trying to come off a daily 0.5mg dose of lorazapam ( I have been on it for approx 9 months). I am down to 0.25mg every other day, but am unsure where to go from here. After this I feel weird, drugged, unable to think clearly and struggle to speak clearly. Dr thinks this could be psychological. I have read older threads on this subject but it is confusing what to do for the best. I am also on antideppressants but feel if I could get off this I might feel more normal and a bit more like myself. Any help would be appreciated because I don't know what causes what and I don't feel like the dr is listening to me properly. Thanks.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
(male)

al23 HB User
Re: Trying to come off lorazapam

your doc is probably wrong.

******** the Ashton Manual. It's written by dDr heather Ashton, probably the top authority on benzo withdrawl anywhere. I followed this freely available, short read and today, 5 years out I feel great, am drug free and healthier than I have ever been.

Most docs are woefully dumb when it comes to giving out benzo withdrawl advice.

Take a few moments and ******** the Ashton Manual. You won't be sorry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

kerry735 HB User
Re: Trying to come off lorazapam

Quote:
Originally Posted by al23 View Post
your doc is probably wrong.

******** the Ashton Manual. It's written by dDr heather Ashton, probably the top authority on benzo withdrawl anywhere. I followed this freely available, short read and today, 5 years out I feel great, am drug free and healthier than I have ever been.

Most docs are woefully dumb when it comes to giving out benzo withdrawl advice.

Take a few moments and ******** the Ashton Manual. You won't be sorry.
Yeh, I agree with this, its Prof C Heather Ashton. Watch my post with the orthomolecular assistance (vitamins & supplements) I will be giving to my son who is withdrawing from Diazapam (also a benzodiazepine) to support him as the symptoms of withdrawal may be tough on you, depending on what rate you taper off.

Ashton recommends a certain reduction over 2 weeks and continue to do so with the following proviso "withdrawal should be flexible and dependent on withdrawal responses' so don't let your doctor push you to taper if your body is still giving off difficult responses to that withdrawal. You stop at the previous rate of mg until your body is ready to drop to the next level if that makes sense
i.e. with no bad withdrawal symptoms.

Last edited by mod85; 06-28-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Reply Reply