It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
(female)

Shanplus3 HB User
Help please!!!

I have been on Xanax for 11 years, and I've been on 1mg a day for over a year. I lost my insurance and now my psychiatrist won't see me and my family practice doctor moved, so there is a new nurse practitioner who won't prescribe my Xanax. I can't get a refill to even taper off the medicine. I don't have any left and I can't get any help. I'm very scared and I'm already feeling the effects of not having the medicine...I have a fuzzy feeling in my head, I feel like I have to throw up, my vision is kinda blurry and I can't concentrate. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do or any homeopathic alternatives to Xanax? I'm very scared, please help :'(

Old 06-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
(female)

MissAnnaAmy HB User
Re: Help please!!!

seek professional help asap...
and get well......
theres gotta be someone out there that will help without funds.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2013, 03:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Shanplus3

How are you? Have you found any medical person to help you yet? Your psychiatrist has really left you out in the cold... coming off Xanax cold turkey is dangerous and that psychiatrist has to know this. There is a big chance of seizures if one does not wean VERY slowly off any benzo like Xanax. This is besides the incredible anxiety that ensues. This doctor prescribed you the pills and has an obligation to help you get off of them. Boy, he makes me really mad.

I would suggest that if you have not found proper help yet that you get to an Emergency Room as soon as possible and explain your situation. Also, call social services in your county and find a clinic... costs at a clinic are pro-rated according to income.

Please let us all know how you are doing and what is going on.
reach

Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
(female)

sduvall4912 HB User

You need to go to the ER. They can help you with the withdrawal symptoms. Good Luck.

Reply Reply