It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2013, 04:29 AM   #1
(male)

jonathanofnola HB User
off dope, again

I must love to hurt or am just really dumb. I've stopped kicked found happiness, not for long before I'm pushing again. well now I live in a whole new city and I cant find it unless I get it sent to me. I hope my sleep comes back soon cause Im losing my mind. Last time I came down I was in a hospital and the gave me subutex. Subutex is buprenorphine without the naltrexone so yes you get lit up. I was confused at first but after a week they give you Suboxone and no more high. Boo hoo. Anyway Im just glad I don' t have to be afraid of tomorrow any more. No risk of cops, over dose , or sickness. Just sooo tired. last time I was given Seroquil for sleep, IT WORKS, heavy. So this time Im just sucken it. For all the rest of you out there try lots of mellow music, hot baths and sorry to some of you ,yes masturbation. Make your body remember its own endorphins. In time physical action will help. Ok thank you all for being supportive. J

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: jonathanofnola
Phoenix (09-28-2013), Robocat (08-28-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: off dope, again

Hi Jonathan

Nice to meet you and welcome to the board. :-)

Looks like you have the logistics of withdrawal down pat. I am wondering, though, if you have ever maintained some aftercare? It is so important. As we move towards recovery we must, absolutely must, discover why we use drug hazes to cope with life. Addiction is an unhealthy way of coping and becomes a total habit. Our thinking has to get realigned. We need to learn (or re-learn) healthy coping skills.

All addicts have unresolved issues. Perhaps grief, perhaps hurt, perhaps loss, perhaps a lot of things, but all have fear. We fear giving up the drug because we fear Life without it. We fear facing our demons. We fear withdrawal. We run to the drug over and over because we have programmed our brains to respond to any stress at all by using.

Good thing is that we can retrain our brain to respond in healthier coping skills.

Some make use of AA or NA, twelve step programs. For me, I worked with a Clinical Social worker. It was intense for sure. I had to dig deep to let the hurt and grief out of me. I cried, I wailed, I learned how to feel the emotions and deal with them. It was a time of tremendous learning for me.

I stopped abusing drugs 6+ years ago. I am happy, I participate in Life and I know joy and laughter again. I handle things, both good and bad in a much healthier way with clearer perspective.

Please, if you are not working a program or getting some counseling help, do so. We can not be an island in handling our addictions. We need others for support and encouragement. Hoping to hear that you are not only restoring your physical being, but good thinking also.

Rooting for you
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread