It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2003, 06:20 PM   #1
(female)

wenron HB User
Post Do adrenal granulars work?

I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and my doctor wants to put me on adrenal granulars. Any good experience with these?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2003, 05:58 PM   #2

cathyk HB User
Hi - I am on adrenal glandulars and natural cortisol for my adrenal insufficiency and I love them both. I personally will never go on prednisone/cortisones ever again. They've helped with sleep disorders and chronic pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2003, 07:22 PM   #3
(female)

wenron HB User
What natural cortisol are you on? I started the adrenal glandulars a week ago and along with my iron and thyroid change in meds, I am doing much better.

Old 02-21-2003, 12:40 AM   #4
Inactive

YouNeverKnow HB User

Considering the risk of mad cow disease, I can't imagine that what your taking can be considered completely safe.

Old 02-21-2003, 02:01 PM   #5

cathyk HB User
wenron - I get my natural cortisol from my doctor, who I think gets it from a compounding pharmacy. As best I know it's just called "natural cortisol" but I can find out. I take Ortho Molecular's Adrene Forte and have been for over a year now - it's a great product. After being tested, I take 10 mg nat'l cortisol early am and then again at noon, and 4 adrenals daily. I can't tell you the huge difference these have made in my life. I'm glad they're working out for you as well.

Old 02-24-2003, 01:27 PM   #6
(female)

wenron HB User
Thanks for the info cathy

Old 03-17-2003, 03:43 PM   #7

Janis Rafael HB User
Hi there,

I believe chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia symptoms stem from adrenal insufficiency. How did you go about finding a doctor that would prescribe cortisol? Did you go to an holistic M.D. or an endocrinologist, and did you take a saliva test or blood test to determine your insufficiency level? Thanks for listening. Janis Rafael

Old 03-19-2003, 04:18 PM   #8

cathyk HB User
Janis - I found my doctor in Illinois after doing an internet search when I first had pain - specifically in one rib that was real bad. I went to his website and liked what I read - lots of experience with alternative and traditional medicine - especially since I was not going to get surgery or stay on the heavy meds as was suggested to me. My doc is an MD who uses both alt/trad modalities - mostly alt. He ran both the saliva and blood tests and my adrenals were really bad, with the highest number at 2 am, which explained why I was ready to get up and go at that time. However, I crashed by 5 am and went through the day exhausted. I eventually crashed from that cycle. By that time I had the full-blown fibro and TMJ issues. He has to prescribe the cortisol for me and it comes from a compounding pharmacy. Hope this helps.

Old 03-19-2003, 04:51 PM   #9

cathyk HB User
janis - I forgot to ask if you did searches for a doc at american college for advancement of medicine, american holistic medicine associations, complementary alternative medical associations, etc.? They can be great sources for a referral. Often times you can email the doctor first before paying for a visit (I did) to find out if they do what you are looking for. I think there's a dr. jacob teitelbaum, MD, (or something like that) in your area. maybe you could check him out? let me know if I can help you. you seem to be very knowledgeable from what I'm reading from the posts - you just need a doc to help you out!

Old 04-09-2003, 12:20 PM   #10

NikiB HB User
Question

Hi KathyK, I have adrenal insufficiency and I was trying to locate a doctor in Chicago. Since you live here as well, I thought you could help me out. I am desparate.

------------------
Niki F. D. Bryant

Old 04-09-2003, 12:45 PM   #11

cathyk HB User
NikiB - Glad to help you out - I go to Dr. Ross Hauser MD, in Oak Park at their Caring Medical Clinic. You can find their information on the internet too.

Old 04-09-2003, 01:14 PM   #12

NikiB HB User
Thanks so much Kathy. I did not think I would hear anything today. How are you feeling these days and what were your symptoms?

Old 04-09-2003, 01:17 PM   #13

NikiB HB User
Thank you so much! I was not expecting to hear from you so soon. So how are you feeling these days also what symptoms did you have?

------------------
Niki F. D. Bryant

Old 04-09-2003, 02:53 PM   #14

cathyk HB User
NikiB - I found the clinic when I was looking for a doctor who dealt with physical pain. He does - but everything else too! Basically I had deep body pain, headaches, low temp, salt cravings/sugar cravings. But the biggest thing was no sleep. I'd fall asleep OK at about 11 or so, then be WIDE awake ready to GO at 2 am. Then I'd crash real hard by 5 am or so and not be able to get through the day. The real problem was that I had been living on so little sleep for so long I thought it was great (because I didn't feel bad at the time). Normally your highest cortisol "should" be first thing in the morning and gradually increase through the day, decrease at night. Mine was highest at 2 am and lowest at noon. I'm still working through some of the pain but I'm nothing like I was before - and I feel I'm getting my life back.

I should also share with you that if you have BC/BShield for insurance I don't think they'll pay for going to see him - it's so political it's not even funny. All other insurance pay for him.

Old 04-09-2003, 03:35 PM   #15

NikiB HB User
CathyK, thanks for the info I called the Dr.'s office and she was able to give me an appt in a couple of weeks. I was speaking to one naturopath and she was saying that even with natural cortisol vs. steriod cortisol there is a risk of Addison's disease because its not really healing the gland (something to that effect).

[This message has been edited by NikiB (edited 04-09-2003).]

Closed Thread