It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2003, 04:29 PM   #1
(female)

Tricia71 HB User
Tachycardia/Short PR interval

Hi,

I have a short PR interval on my EKG. I have been having horrible bouts of tachycardia in the middle of the night. My heart rate has been up lately, it never was too low, but even on Lorazepum (like xanax) it is up in the 90's.
At night I wake up to a sickening nerve type pain down my left arm with my heart going 100 and clammy. As soon as I move to sit up, my heart does a tailspin! Like 200 beats per minute! I have had a cough for 3 months, and my heart rate goes up significantly after eating and makes me feel breathless.
This was all after many months of stress, one thing after another. But can stress cause all this or is something serious wrong?

I had an echo (okay), EKG shows Short PR interval, blood work okay. But I feel like my nervous system is out of wack and my adrenaline is off because of the severe stress I have been through this year. No Dr even checks for that.

Anyone relate?

Weird stuff. I feel somewhat sickly all the time.

Trish

Old 11-10-2003, 11:22 PM   #2
CoCoMedic

Sorry Tricia, but I can't relate . . But I can tell you this . . . There are literally hundreds if not thousands of different "blood tests" that can be done, so I am willing to bet that your blood work is NOT normal . . . A more appropriate response is that they haven't located WHICH blood test will show where the problem is. I wish you well. You have to kick doctors in the *** sometimes to get them to do their job.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2003, 09:25 PM   #3
(female)

Tricia71 HB User
Thanks

Thanks for your input. I am learning this about Dr's and it is driving me batty!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoMedic
Sorry Tricia, but I can't relate . . But I can tell you this . . . There are literally hundreds if not thousands of different "blood tests" that can be done, so I am willing to bet that your blood work is NOT normal . . . A more appropriate response is that they haven't located WHICH blood test will show where the problem is. I wish you well. You have to kick doctors in the *** sometimes to get them to do their job.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
(female)

kim1017 HB User
Re: Tachycardia/Short PR interval

Trish,

I can totally relate. Since I was 13 y/o I have had bouts of what could only be described as a "racing heart". It would last a few minutes then return to normal with a "thud" feeling in my chest. No doctor could ever identify what it was and it only seemed to get worse as I got older. I am now 27 and was admitted to the hospital a few weeks ago in tachycardia, heart rate 210. They had to literally stop my heart twice in order to get it to convert back to normal sinus rhythm. After spending a few days in the hospital, hooked up to a telemetry monitor, they finally saw that I have a very short PR interval on my EKG which every other f$#%ing doctor has said was a normal EKG. My life too has been very stressful, beginning at age 13. I personally believe that stress has somethingto do with it. I was diagnosed with LGL syndrome and put on Betapace. My other options to cure this would be to have an atrial ablation done. I too take xanax for anxiety and stress but the only thing that has helped with is letting me sleep thru the night. My advice to you is to see a cardiologist ASAP! And mention LGL syndrome to them. I work in the medical field, in a cardiologists office actually, and I know that the best medical care you can possible get is when you are directly involved in finding the answers for yourself.

Good luck!
Kim

I have a short PR interval on my EKG. I have been having horrible bouts of tachycardia in the middle of the night. My heart rate has been up lately, it never was too low, but even on Lorazepum (like xanax) it is up in the 90's.
At night I wake up to a sickening nerve type pain down my left arm with my heart going 100 and clammy. As soon as I move to sit up, my heart does a tailspin! Like 200 beats per minute! I have had a cough for 3 months, and my heart rate goes up significantly after eating and makes me feel breathless.
This was all after many months of stress, one thing after another. But can stress cause all this or is something serious wrong?

I had an echo (okay), EKG shows Short PR interval, blood work okay. But I feel like my nervous system is out of wack and my adrenaline is off because of the severe stress I have been through this year. No Dr even checks for that.

Anyone relate?

Trish[/QUOTE]

Old 08-01-2008, 03:36 AM   #5
(female)

fairybells79 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia71 View Post
Hi,

Anyone relate?

Trish
i also had a stress test because of chest pains and tachycardia it stated short pr interval. my heart rate can go up to 160 bpm just on standing up im also feeling sick with chest pain all the time after eating after hot bath makes it worse i also feel the need to burp new symptom have strange weakness feeling also get fluttering in chest . i have chest pain and tachycardia daily ive had every test i can nothing shows up but i know somethings not right its not normal to feel like this and have heart rate going up to 180 just walking im sure my heart rate has gone higher i have not had it checked when this has happened. this has been going on since i fell pregnant a year ago . i just wish i knew what the hell is wrong with me?

Old 08-14-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
(female)

Larkenn HB User

This sounds to me like it could be an adrenaline surge. This can happen if your cortisol is low. Cortisol is lowest at night which could explain why the adrenaline kicks in when you are asleep.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:25 AM   #7
(female)

fairybells79 HB User

has anyone found out yet what is causing there short pr interval. i have been suffering for a year with tachycardy that has progressed with other new symptoms like chest pains indegestion faint feeling also i think im suffering with svts but i havent had this caught by a dr has only happend to me a couple of times was when i walked up stairs i blacked out. i also have palps with any movement i make and when i stand up my heart rate is 180bpm this happens daily though im on a betablocker now it is not as bad as this seems to controll the tachycardia to some degree but not the chest feelings i feel like ive colaspsed like ive had a electric shock in my chest and i need to burp its a really strange feeling. no dr can work it out and i would love to hear any opinions anyone who has discovered what its from desperate for answers.

Closed Thread