It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2004, 11:55 AM   #1

kimmyp6414 HB User
Need some help with my 15 year old daughter

This is my first time posting on this board so be paitent with me, I have a 15 year old girl who has been diagnosed with Vasomotor instability, If you are not aware of what that is it is where her heart is not strong enough at times to pump blood above itself and therefore she looses blood flow to her brain and this causes her blood pressure to drop rapidly and this causes her to have spells where everything goes black and she gets dizzy until the spell passes, she also is nauseous all the time, they have had her on atenalol for this for 1.5 years. during this time she has also had a couple of seizures that appeared to be grand mall type she has been tested on several occasions through sleep deprived eeg and has always had a negative test results for epilepsy.

Two weeks ago her general doctor took her off of her beta blocker ( atenalol) because her blood pressure was so low, and then she became very ill, diarreah, throwing up, sleeping 18 plus hrs a day. When I took her back to her heart doctor he put her back on her betta blocker and also put her on Florinef twice a day he just raised her dosaged today to .02 mg twice a day.

Through doing some research on this medcine today I have found that it is only given for this condition and it sounds like alot of her symptoms are pointing in this direction what do some of you think? who can I take her to and get her tested for this? and what test do they do?

Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2005, 01:21 AM   #2
(female)

tbrook7 HB User
Re: Need some help with my 15 year old daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmyp6414
This is my first time posting on this board so be paitent with me, I have a 15 year old girl who has been diagnosed with Vasomotor instability, If you are not aware of what that is it is where her heart is not strong enough at times to pump blood above itself and therefore she looses blood flow to her brain and this causes her blood pressure to drop rapidly and this causes her to have spells where everything goes black and she gets dizzy until the spell passes, she also is nauseous all the time, they have had her on atenalol for this for 1.5 years. during this time she has also had a couple of seizures that appeared to be grand mall type she has been tested on several occasions through sleep deprived eeg and has always had a negative test results for epilepsy.

Two weeks ago her general doctor took her off of her beta blocker ( atenalol) because her blood pressure was so low, and then she became very ill, diarreah, throwing up, sleeping 18 plus hrs a day. When I took her back to her heart doctor he put her back on her betta blocker and also put her on Florinef twice a day he just raised her dosaged today to .02 mg twice a day.

Through doing some research on this medcine today I have found that it is only given for this condition and it sounds like alot of her symptoms are pointing in this direction what do some of you think? who can I take her to and get her tested for this? and what test do they do?

Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kim

Old 09-15-2005, 10:18 PM   #3
(female)

dotcom4411 HB User
Re: Need some help with my 15 year old daughter

After 3 years of docs and hospitals an WAY TOO many medicines, we went to the Cleveland Clinic. They diagnosed my 18 year old daughter with Addison's Disease in 2 days !! Dr. Skugor is the Endocrinologist. Make the call and go ! 1-800-223-2273
Good Luck
--- Donna

Closed Thread