It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2004, 08:07 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Keraly HB User
What CAUSES Shaking w/Adrenal Problems?

Chris or others,

Just read a post on CFS board by Chris where he said to check for Addison's shaking or Addison's Tremors. I read quite a few of these (speed read, that is). They listed shaking as a possible symptoms, but didn't tell what it came from, when it would generally occur, etc. My son has experienced this clenching of his teeth and shaking for a few minutes some mornings when he feels he has arisen too early for his own good. He seems to be a bit "spacey" at these times, too. Maybe it's like our endo says about the diabetes? He says we don't have to worry too much about our son going low at night unbeknownst to us. Says the kids will usually awaken from it, and come and stand by the parents' bed looking spaced out or bewildered about how they got there and why they came. They just SENSE something isn't quite right! Just fascinating! Today I take Trav to the doctor because he has a sore throat and ear ache. I will ask about having him tested for the morning cortisol. I wonder if the doctor puts him on an antibiotic, should I still go forward with the testing, or will it scew the results of the cortisol somehow? I'm really wanting to get a "pure" test, as they may not have patience with my asking them to repeat it over and over again until he has a low day. Make sense? Thanks sooooo much for all your help, and for being someone understanding to talk to! We all have experienced being shoooed away by unconcerned physicians at one point or another. It is surely disconcerting when you're used to being easily diagnosed and treated, isn't it? Have a great day! ~ Trace

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2004, 10:51 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Keraly HB User
Re: What CAUSES Shaking w/Adrenal Problems?

Thanks again Chris. Have searched the web a bit for it, but can't seem to find a site that explains what this comes from. They just list it as a possible symptom. Have a good weekend! ~ Tracy

Old 06-06-2004, 06:42 PM   #3

HeatherW HB User

Kearly, I posted about this a miniute ago on the post below but I will say it again as I believe the doc gave you some dangerous info. YOur son CAN have his Blood sugar go too low overnight ( I know this from personal experience with my daughter. If his cortisol is low to nonexistant it will directly influence his blood sugar. My daughter is not a diabetic but has not adrenals and she woke up really confused about a month and a half ago and the it got really ugly from there. Actually I had to wake her up as she did not get up at her usual time. Her maintance meds were not working properly for her and she had a BS of 27. SHe began having seizures and then stopped breathing. If he already has problems maintaing his BS then it is imparitive that you find out about his ability to prouce the appropriate amount of cortisol. HeatherW

Old 06-06-2004, 10:01 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Keraly HB User

Thanks, Heather. I just wrote you a long reply, and then the website insisted I log in (again) and didn't seem to print my reply. In short, thank you for your reply to my post. I have one diabetic son and the other with unknown problems. Thank you for sharing what happened to your daughter. Scary! We still check Jesse (the one with Diabetes) every night at 2:00 a.m., though he doesn 't fuctuate too much at this point, due to the fact we are going with a low-carb, low insulin diet. He's only taking the 24 hr. insulin, that is pretty steady. No big roller coasters for him right now. We will keep in mind the correlation between low cortisol and low insulin. I wanted to tell you about a watch that measures blood sugars every ten minutes automatically, and has an alarm that sounds when blood sugar goes too low. Thought you might want to know about it for your daughter. I think it's quite expensive (about $600), but you might feel a need for it, after your experience. Thanks for letting me know they don't ALWAYS get out of bed and alert us. I guess that's what I can't rely on. That's why we still check Jesse during the night. Travis has thus far proved to have O.K. cortisol and blood sugars. I don't know what causes the shaking that sometimes occurs. Perhaps I should be taking his temp, as Christ says this is low with thyroid problems. This could make the inner core of his body feel cold, I suppose. Thanks again. I hope this will post this time! ~ Tracy

Closed Thread