It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2005, 05:21 AM   #1
(female)

Tzu HB User
Advice needed on mercury and flu vaccine

I hope someone can guide me here. I have had what seems like ME for years and have been diagnosed with it. However I feel I have Adrenal fatigue. I am mildly asthmatic and use a preventative spray at night. Last year I had all my grey fillings removed and replaced with white ones to see if this might help my health problems ... I do not know if there is any truth in grey fillings being toxic .. and I never had them removed with any special method to prevent a load of mercury being dumped into my system from the process. By the end of last year I was so sick with flu (even with the flu shot) I wondered if it was because I did not have the filings removed with special measures resulting in even more strain to my immune system. This brings me to the flu vaccine. I have it every year as I get bronchitis with flu ... but I have come to understand through reading on the net .. that the flu vaccine is full of mercury ... so now I don't know what to do. Having it could help prevent flu which always gets quite bad for me and ends in antibiotics ... but it means exposing myself to further mercury which renders the removal of all those fillings a waste of time. What are others doing who have adrenal fatigue and are more suseptable to flu etc?

Old 12-01-2005, 07:27 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Keraly HB User
Re: Advice needed on mercury and flu vaccine

Dear Tzu,

So sorry no one is able to answer your question. Hope popping it up to the top of the list might help draw attention to it, in case there is someone out there who can help you! ~ Tracy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2005, 07:47 PM   #3
(male)

ruffneck HB User

Actually there is another auto-immune disease that you can get from a flu shot. It's called Gullian-Barre Syndrome, or GBS. I have ALD, AMN, and Addisons and have recently come down with GBS. Although I got my case from something other than a flu shot. I know people that have gotten their case from a flu shot. I don't know why but have been suspecting it was the mercury in the shot. You might want to talk to a neroulogist and see if that can help you. You want to get all the help you can with GBS it can really mess up your life. I was paralyzed from head to toe and on a vent for 8 weeks. Take care.

Old 12-04-2005, 08:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User

I'm not positive, but I think they eliminated the mercury preservative from the latest immunization shots. So, you might be OK there. You might want to ask your doctor, to just make sure.

I had my eight mercury fillings replaced a little over 10 years ago, and at first was disappointed. Even though my headaches went away, and my teeth tightened in place, I still had those muscle aches and pains. I got impatient, and tried anti-mercury components and got so sick I thought I was going to die. It was one of my experiments, that did not go very well, to say the least.

So, I then decided to just stick with my herbs and improved diet, and slowly I got better. The reason for this, for a number of people, is that when you remove the mercury fillings, you are only removing the source, not the mercury that resides in different parts of the body. Also, I should mention that some people are allergic to the white composites. For that reason, I'm glad that I had white porcelain fillings put in the place of the mercury ones. They have been problem-free for over 10 years, since I had the fillings changed.

I think one of the reasons that I've gotten well, where other people still struggle with these fibromyalgia type pains or other illnesses after the mercury fillings are removed, is that I continued with my healthy diet of non-processed foods. And I find that the herbs make still a significant difference for me.

I hope that helps explain a few things for you. I hope that your decision to remove toxins from your body with other lifestyle improvements continue to help you heal. In my opinion, you were smart to get rid of the mercury fillings. There is no controversy whether the gray mercury fillings are toxic or not. They are extremely toxic. The controversy is whether or not they cause illness. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm glad that I made the choices that I did, for it has completely changed my life around. But it took lots of patience, to be healed the "natural way".

Old 12-04-2005, 08:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

I had to read more about the mercury in flu shots this evening. Apparently, they have reduced the amount of mercury, but not all immunization shots are completely free of mercury.

Because of my experience of getting well outside of mainstream doctors, I just don't trust them...they don't know everything. I'll never get a flu shot. I've found that when I get sick, I get rest and continue with my herbs and healthy foods. One of the herbs that has been really effective for me is raw garlic. You can read more about it...just one or two cloves of garlic mixed in with the food in the evenings. To control the odor, some nice fresh fruit in the morning helps. Also for the flu, I like ginger and chamomile teas too.

Because of these health methods that I use, it's rare that I ever miss a day of work. Many years ago, I used to always call in sick, using up just about every day they gave me, year by year.

I'll have to keep reading about the mercury that these medical people are still using. That's really bad, even if it's only 25 micrograms of mercury per dose. At least they should be required to tell us that they are injecting us with this mercury, for some people could be allergic or more sensitive to this highly toxic substance than other people.

Old 12-05-2005, 07:32 AM   #6
(female)

Tzu HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keraly
Dear Tzu,

So sorry no one is able to answer your question. Hope popping it up to the top of the list might help draw attention to it, in case there is someone out there who can help you! ~ Tracy
Many thanx Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffneck
Actually there is another auto-immune disease that you can get from a flu shot. It's called Gullian-Barre Syndrome, or GBS. I have ALD, AMN, and Addisons and have recently come down with GBS. Although I got my case from something other than a flu shot. I know people that have gotten their case from a flu shot. I don't know why but have been suspecting it was the mercury in the shot. You might want to talk to a neroulogist and see if that can help you. You want to get all the help you can with GBS it can really mess up your life. I was paralyzed from head to toe and on a vent for 8 weeks. Take care.
Hi ruffneck, thanx for ur reply.

I have tested positive for GBS antibodies (I take it thats what showed in the test) .. it was that, that showed up along with Epstein barr and another one I can't recall right now. That was a good number of years ago and recently I asked my doc about those result and he just shrugged it off and said it will have burned itself out by now. But I was not ill like you say you were .. that must have been so hard for you .. I hope you have made a fair amount of improvement now. Possibly I just showed anti bodies from exposure to it .. I'm really not sure. After starting this thread I eventually decided to have the flu shot again this year and hope for the best ... I just can't bare the thought of bad flu again .. I got so sick last Christmas (though I did have the shot then too and it never helped)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhody
I had my eight mercury fillings replaced a little over 10 years ago, and at first was disappointed. Even though my headaches went away, and my teeth tightened in place, I still had those muscle aches and pains. I got impatient, and tried anti-mercury components and got so sick I thought I was going to die. It was one of my experiments, that did not go very well, to say the least.

So, I then decided to just stick with my herbs and improved diet, and slowly I got better................
Hi rhody ... many thanx for ur reply also .. I'm very encouraged to hear you have helped yourself so much

Wow ... I just hope I have done the right thing with the white filings as mine are not porcelain. Could u tell me what herbs you are using? I agree about the diet ... I am so sensitive to various foods and have taken years to work this out. For instance one thing I am allergic to is cheese, it causes migrains .. but of late I have realised it doesn't only cause migrain but affects my whole body ie fatigue worsens plus body aches and pains .. I just feel like 100 years old and have to go to bed for a couple of days when it happens. A very plain diet with no preservatives and colourants does help me too. I guess it's true what Adelle Davis said - 'We are what we eat'. I think I will see how I go this winter and during next year and may skip the flu jab next winter .. I'd like to see how I am without it anyway as I've been having it for a number of years now, due to being slightly asthmatic and always getting so sick with flu and bronchitis. Thanx very much for ur help

Last edited by Tzu; 12-05-2005 at 07:39 AM.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:29 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

The herbs that I use are usually gotu kola, marshmallow root, slippery elm, queen of the meadow, gravel root, a little ginger and sometimes a small amount of licorice. To me to this day, the herbs are "magic". There have been times where I haven't used them for a very long time, but when the muscles get a little sore, they magically take the pain away.

When I took herbs years ago, I would get a very itchy rash in the area that I was having pain or problems. Now, this rash occasionally appears, after taking the herbs again. I assume that the rash is caused by toxins, as they are eliminated from the skin. Last spring, my left elbow got so sore. Then I started with the herbs again, and sometime last August I got that rash again. It's my "red badge of courage". For what's frustrating for a lot of us, these pains can't be seen, but rash can be seen. My elbow is feeling real good now. The rash is so itchy that the more you scratch, the worse that it hurts. I've found that by washing the area real good with warm water and soap, and using aloe vera, that the itching stops. Thank goodness for aloe vera. I don't know what I would have done without it, years ago.

I just wish I had more time to explore the healing power of herbs. They really can make a difference, for some people. There just isn't a lot of information here from the scientific community...some say because there isn't as much profit in them as what one would find with patented drugs.

I'm glad to hear that you are looking more closely at a more healthy diet. Herbalists usually recommend taking herbs with healthy natural foods...that they go together hand-in-hand. Also it's good that you are looking at what foods may cause for you allergic reactions.

I can tell you more about herbs if you would like. Over 15 years ago I started making these herbal teas, to help me with unexplained illnesses. One of the best books that initially helped me understand the subject was "The Way of Herbs".

Old 12-07-2005, 03:46 PM   #8
(female)

Tzu HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhody
The herbs that I use are usually gotu kola, marshmallow root, slippery elm, queen of the meadow, gravel root, a little ginger and sometimes a small amount of licorice. To me to this day, the herbs are "magic". There have been times where I haven't used them for a very long time, but when the muscles get a little sore, they magically take the pain away.

When I took herbs years ago, I would get a very itchy rash in the area that I was having pain or problems. Now, this rash occasionally appears, after taking the herbs again. I assume that the rash is caused by toxins, as they are eliminated from the skin. Last spring, my left elbow got so sore. Then I started with the herbs again, and sometime last August I got that rash again. It's my "red badge of courage". For what's frustrating for a lot of us, these pains can't be seen, but rash can be seen. My elbow is feeling real good now. The rash is so itchy that the more you scratch, the worse that it hurts. I've found that by washing the area real good with warm water and soap, and using aloe vera, that the itching stops. Thank goodness for aloe vera. I don't know what I would have done without it, years ago.

I just wish I had more time to explore the healing power of herbs. They really can make a difference, for some people. There just isn't a lot of information here from the scientific community...some say because there isn't as much profit in them as what one would find with patented drugs.

I'm glad to hear that you are looking more closely at a more healthy diet. Herbalists usually recommend taking herbs with healthy natural foods...that they go together hand-in-hand. Also it's good that you are looking at what foods may cause for you allergic reactions.

I can tell you more about herbs if you would like. Over 15 years ago I started making these herbal teas, to help me with unexplained illnesses. One of the best books that initially helped me understand the subject was "The Way of Herbs".

Very interesting rhody ... I know herbs can be very powerful and achieve a lot. I must start reading about them again and experimenting a bit. Perhaps try those u mention, because with this type of problem I have .. doctors just seem to be in the dark ... thankyou for your help ... much appreciated

Closed Thread