It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
(female)

kjos HB User
schmidts syndrome

hey , i was wondering if anyone out there has schmidts syndrome (diabetes , addisons and hypothyroidism) ive had diabetes since i was 3 and addisons and hypothyroidism since i was 12 . ive had a lot of difficulty balancing my sugars and potassium , especially in my teenage years. i was in the hospital about every three weeks with high potassium and it was always bad. ive been good for about three years now but i wanted to know if anyone who has this syndrome has had babies? please let me know how it went. thank you

Old 05-29-2006, 01:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Re: schmidts syndrome

Hi just come in to say hello, I dont have schmidts, But I do have hypo hashi's, that a nightmare so it must be awful for you. I lost my dear mum, 4 months ago she was hypo and she had diabetes,My sister is also hypo and has diabetes and is having tests for addison,s so as you can see it runs in familys. Does anyone else in your family have it. I got told last Aug that I have hashi's, one month before my mum died I started getting pain near my right rib had test for gallstones come back ok. four months on and I have been having nausea, pains in my stomach, needing chocolate, my vison is getting worse, real bad headaches, feeling like I am going to faint, I had blood test come back that said I have a high prolactin, I am real scared that its a brain tumor. I was thinking it could be addisons my tsh have gone down to 0.48 (0.4-4) free t4 15.5 range (10-22) why are they going down and I am feeling worse by the day?? have you had any problems like that?? I am on levothyroxine 75mcg I think it somthing to do with my adrenals, I dont know too much about them. How old are you, I do hope you go on to have children.
take care ....Mandy

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 05-29-2006 at 01:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2006, 02:04 PM   #3
(female)

kjos HB User

mandy
im sorry to hear about your mum. hope u r doing good.
in response to your question , i am the only one in my family that has these diseases. as far back as u can go there is nobody else. so i really dont know where it came from. some doctors think it was because i was extremely allergic to milk and didnt know for 15 years. so they think that could have affected me somehow.
i dont really know anything about hashis disease , but i hope u overcome the problems u have with it.
do u have to take extra meds when ur sick or stressed? i do , otherwise im in the hospital (im 25 by the way) stress is the absolute worst one though, it can put me down for quite a while. how do u cope with everything? do u meditate , smoke , exercise? please let me know and take care mandy.
erin

Old 05-29-2006, 02:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Bless you, you have hypo, do you have Autoiummue Disease . that what I have. I will come back on tomorrow I am of to bed now you take care...Mandy

Old 05-29-2006, 09:12 PM   #5
(female)

kjos HB User

mandy

in response to ur question yes addisons is an autoimmune disease ( i believe anyway)
and hypothyroidism and diabetes. so all together there called schmidts syndrome. have a good night talk to u tomorrow?

Closed Thread