It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
(male)

KFXrider88 HB User
What is bovine addrenal supplement?

What is Bovine addrenal supplement made of? and has any one had any results with this substance? thanks for any info!

Old 06-23-2006, 08:10 PM   #2
(female)

opalfire HB User
Re: What is bovine addrenal supplement?

As far as I can tell, it's dessicated bovine (beef) adrenal gland. I'm going to be taking it for adrenal stress (post traumatic syndrome) starting Monday. I have had to present all this material to my doctor. I was also on a trial of Ligaplex II, a combination of herbs, including bovine adrenal extract, and felt much better after three weeks (slow going). My main symptoms were skin inflammation (constant scratching) and inability to awaken on my own in the morning (needed hubby to wake me), sluggishness in the mid morning and late afternoon with brain fog. Now all this appears as though I have low blood sugar, but basically your adrenal glands control all that, and your thyroid. I have been taking Armour thyroid for 3 years now. Maybe I can now decrease that after taking the extract.
You should read up on all this regarding adrenal stress. All my tests came back negative and normal so I had a hard time convincing doc to do this until I had taken that Ligaplex II. That convinced him about my symptoms.
Good luck,
Judy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
(female)

robinhy HB User

Do you guys know if that stuff can be used in combo with HC. I'm already taking HC and armour but I still can't raise without crashing. Starting to wonder if it's a blood sugar issue but others seems to think it's still my adrenals so I'm looking for something to give further boost to my adrenals.

Old 07-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cossette2 HB User

I've had excellent results with a glandular adrenal extract. Thing is mine is porcine and not bovine. I was told it was bovine when i bought it back in Oct., but when i checked the label weeks later it said porcine. Tough noogies, it works!! At this point, after years of feeling lousy and having basically no life, and getting nowhere with endos, i'm not fussy, but big-time thankful!!

I've been on it now for, lets see, i guess it's about 8 to 9 months and my brain fog has dissipated, my energy increased, my muscle and joint pain decreased, my sleep has improved, my body temp has come up to over 97 after being around 95 and all-in-all i'm feeling better then i have for years.

I've also combined it with Magnesium citrate (at least 300 mgs/day) and vit. C as my immune system has been the pits. Also, VERY important, have illimated all caffeine and most sugar and simple carbs and making sure i get protein at each meal, especially breakfast.

I highly recommend all the above for anyone suffering with any adrenal weakness!!

Last edited by cossette2; 07-11-2006 at 06:43 PM.

Closed Thread