It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2006, 01:12 AM   #1
(female)

TrinaJean HB User
Question Husband with possible Addison's or Cushing

I am trying to get some info for my husband. He has a pituitary brain tumor and his new Endo has started him on Hydrocortisone. He was told to get a MedicAlert bracelet identifing him as Adrenal Insufficient. I looked this up on several web sites and Addison's disease and Cushings keeps coming up. The doctor didn't say anything about these diseases but he has sooo many of the symptoms. We are desperate for help from anyone

Old 11-02-2006, 09:14 AM   #2
(female)

gettin' better HB User
Re: Husband with possible Addison's or Cushing

I also have pituitary problems that have resulted in adrenal insufficiency, or "secondary" Addison's Disease. The problem is that if it is secondary (caused by something else, like the pituitary), some doctors say it isn't "true" Addison's because the adrenal glands haven't failed. So, your doctor may not be using the term "Addicon's Disease". Still, the symptoms are exactly the same, and so is the treatment -- hydrocortisone. Sounds like that's what he has. Is he going to get the tumor removed? Sometimes that will set things right again. I'm glad the doctor has discovered and diagnosed the problem. Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
(female)

TrinaJean HB User
Question Re: Husband with possible Addison's or Cushing

Thank you so much for answering my request. He has had all but 8% of the tumor removed. They cannot remove the remaining tumor because it is on the optic nerve and the carotid artery. He neurosurgeon said that if she tries to remove the remainder it will have to involve scraping the optic nerve and that will cause him to go blind. My husband is only 45 years old and has had to quit work because of so many complications. He has developed a seizure disorder and is taking Tegretol. The neurologist said it was caused by scaring of the frontal lobe of the brain. He has NO health insurance or life insurance and can't get either. They consider his tumor to be an inoperable brain tumor, so they keep denying. He has tried to get Medicaid but they say we make about $400 too much. He has filed for his Social Security disability and been turned down twice. We have hired a lawyer to try to help us, but as of yet we haven't been given a hearing date. He is so scared and depressed. If anyone reading this can offer any info it would be appreciated.

Last edited by TrinaJean; 11-04-2006 at 01:06 AM. Reason: change this to a new thread

Closed Thread