It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2006, 01:41 PM   #16
(female)

2jen HB User
Re: Adrenal Fatigue (Success stories w/ Cortef)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysTired247
For all :

What is your activity in life like now with cortef/hydrocortisone?

Are you active in sports, exercise, and feel like you can enjoy life again? Do you feel energized after doing exercise, or physical exhurstion, or do you feel run down, and need naps?

Do you find that after time, you can enjoy things like sugar snacks, and junk food... every once in a while?
I am just now starting to feel mostly normal again, and am able to make it through the day without a nap. Some days I am more tired than others but that could also be from a busy day. I still eat the same foods as before too.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #17
(male)

AlwaysTired247 HB User

eating the same foods as in, healthy, or junk food?

I'm a very healthy person, but I love eating junk food a couple times a month. You know... to keep a person sane

I've read that fixing the adrenal naturally takes sooooo damn long and you have to be an angle when it comes to food..

I just can't wait to exercise and workout again, and be active in sports. I just hope my endo can/will help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #18
(female)

2jen HB User

Quote:

I'm a very healthy person, but I love eating junk food a couple times a month. You know... to keep a person sane

I've read that fixing the adrenal naturally takes sooooo damn long and you have to be an angle when it comes to food..

I just can't wait to exercise and workout again, and be active in sports. I just hope my endo can/will help me.

Oh I don't know about that, my doctor never said anything about reparing the adrenals. I eat my fair share of junk food, but I am also underweight so I figure its ok.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #19
(female)

2jen HB User

Quote:

Oh I don't know about that, my doctor never said anything about reparing the adrenals. I eat my fair share of junk food, but I am also underweight so I figure its ok.

Old 11-22-2006, 04:21 PM   #20
Inactive

WandaB HB User

2jen,
Yes, I have emergency shots. I keep a kit by my phone in the kitchen & another kit in my purse. There are 2 shots in each kit. Alcohol wipes. Along with a letter from my endo with instructions on how to care for me. MedicAlert info. A page explaining addisons.

Some doctors are lazy, don't have a clue & trying to save a dollar. Anyone with addisons/adrenal insufficiency should have the shot at hand & know how/when to use it. Also anyone who is likely to be around if you have a crisis should know how to use it. They should also know the signs of you going into crisis as our brains usually don't function well.

A nurse at your hospital or doctors office should train you how to give the shot. When my vials expire I practice on an orange.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:58 PM   #21
(female)

2jen HB User

Thanks Wanda, I will definetely look into that. My doctor isn't sure if this is related, but I was on human growth hormone for five years when I was a child and had to give myself an injection everyday, so I am ok with that part. I haven't done it in almost 8 or 9 years, but its something I could do if I have to.

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Closed Thread