It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
(female)

bellajanesmith HB User
Adrenal Fatigue insomnia

Hi! I am new to this forum and have questions related to adrenal fatigue and insomnia. I have had severe insomnia for 5 months and diagnosed with adrenal fatigue through saliva testing. I have been on adrenal glandulars for 4 months and it has helped a small amount with sleep. My D.O. is considering cortef and I am wanting to know if anyone has had similar sleep problems that have resolved with cortef? Thanks for any help. Bella

Old 01-25-2007, 06:09 AM   #2
(female)

HairstYlist HB User
Re: Adrenal Fatigue insomnia

I am on cortef, I have only been on it for 1 month and half. I don't have sleeping problems. Sometimes, I want to go to bed early because I am tired. Cortef works for me for now. I know there are some people that don't like Cortef.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
(female)

Cathy1980 HB User

Hi. what is cortef? Because you are going to a D.O., you have access to different meds than I. I see an endocrinologist for secondary addison's. I too am very tired all the time and sleep very lightly. let me know what cortef is and how it is supposed to help and how it works for you.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:33 PM   #4
(female)

HairstYlist HB User

If you receive an early diagnosis of Addison's disease, treatment may involve taking prescription corticosteroids. Because your body isn't producing sufficient steroid hormones, your doctor may have you take one or more hormones to replace the deficiency. Cortisol is replaced using hydrocortisone (Cortef), prednisone or cortisone. Fludrocortisone (Florinef) replaces aldosterone, which controls your body's sodium and potassium needs and keeps your blood pressure normal.

Cortef, is what my endo put me on. It seems to work for me.

Closed Thread