It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
(female)

momtobaby1 HB User
Exclamation oncoming crisis? can you know?

I'm not diagnosed with AD, am STILL waiting on my appointment. I see the doctor on May 15th but have literally waited almost 6 weeks now to get seen.

I'm concerned and have a few questions. Along with my continuing symptoms that are just getting worse, the fatigue, weight loss, cold, etc.. I've been feeling worse overall. In the last 4 days I've had 4 seperate headaches. Which for me is unusal. I've been even more fatigued and have had episodes where I was so tired I laid down on the bed and couldn't move for awhile. By the end of the day I'm so exhausted I feel like I'm sinking into the bed. I also almost fainted the other morning. I stood up to hug my husband and within seconds of reaching him I went dizzy, couldn't see, and felt like I was shaking. I managed to tell my husband that I was dizzy and I held onto him until I could move again. It was very scary.

I've been getting pains in my legs, arms, shoulders, practically all over at this point.

What I would like to know is if it's possible to know ahead of time if a crisis of some sort is impending? Seeing as how I only suspect I have AD or some kind of endocrine disorder I'm not sure what to think about this. I'm trying to deal with things but I'm feeling worse each day and it's frustrating. I know that adrenal crisis' are acute things but is it possible to sort of have one coming for awhile before it gets to you?

Thanks.
-Valerie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2007, 11:32 PM   #2
(female)

making777 HB User
Re: oncoming crisis? can you know?

Valerie,

Headaches are a big give away to me that something is off-setting my Addison's. Prediagnosis my headaches were increasing in frequency and becoming more and more intolerable, accompanied by severe nausea. When you have these dizzy spells, it is a good idea to go to an urgent care, as I have seen your husband has suggested in your previous posts. At least there they can check your blood sugar level and electrolytes. If they are off, which is classic with Addisons (low sodium, high potassium, low blood sugar) then perhaps they can get you to a hospital and start the process sooner of getting the right blood tests done. At least you will have some answers. Your appointment on May 15th, is it with a GP or an endocrinologist? I would hate for you to have to wait even longer for ANOTHER appoinment for the endo, when you do sound like you are not well.

In the meantime, get plenty of rest, enjoy your salt, and try to eat as much protein as you can. The protein will decrease the stress on the adrenals, as high sugar means the adrenals have to produce more corisol to regulate the cells, and increases the stress on the body even more.

Hang in there! Please keep us posted!
MaryAnn

Old 05-07-2007, 05:42 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ktp812 HB User

Valerie
I have the dizzy episodes too. Mostly when I am at work and have to stand up quickly. I work in a drug store so I am constantly bending down and getting up. I have almost fell over on the floor a few times. I have really low B/P too so that could be causing mine.
I also have the fatigue so bad that I can't move. There have been times where I will lay down and not move for hours..honestly. It is the worse feeling I have ever had in my life. I have been dealing with this for over 2 years and was just diagnosed in October. I still have a long way to go I think. I am feeling better than I was last year at this time though. The one thing I feel is when the fatigue is coming on badly and I should take it easy. Once it hits then I can't do anything about it. Sometimes it happens right after I get up or anytime from 2-7 hours later. I never know. It is hard because I never know what the day will be like. Good luck with your appt.
Kim

Old 05-07-2007, 06:16 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

sarah92202 HB User

Valerie, what you described is basically what I go through everyday. I'm so sorry that you are feeling this way. I wake up just as tired as I did when I went to bed, and I have to just sit like a zombie the first 1 1/2 to 2 hours that I am awake. I can't take a shower or do anything physical. after I bath and do my hair and makeup, i am ready to go back to bed. I have to lie down frequently while getting ready for my day. Also when I stand my feet turn completely purple within min. and I get nauseated and feel like I am going to pass out. The longer I stand the further the purple goes up my leg. I have had venous doppler for clots but none shown. No doc has been able to explain this. the head aches I get terribly, usually when my ex comes to town! Extra stress! I have only found one med. that helps Zomig, and believe me I have tried everything. Been going through this for 9 years. Have seen some improvemnt with pregnenolone and Wobenzym N (enzymatic supp.) these can be purchased at health food stores. I hope that you are seeing an Endo also, and can get help soon. Try drinking sea salt water first thing in the morning, no juice, fruit, or cereal, protein is the key, eggs, bacon. Good Luck, Sincerely, Sarah

Closed Thread