It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
(female)

curiousleo HB User
Help with Lab results

WBC-10.5
RBC-5.53
Hemaglobin-19.2
Hematocrit-54.8
MCV-99
MCH-34.7
MCHC-35.0
RDW-13.6
Platelets-233
Neutrophils-60
Lymphs-29
Monocytes-7
Eos-3
Basos-1
Neutrophils (absolute) 6.3
Lymphs (absolute) 3.0
Monocytes (absolute)-0.7
Eos (absolute)- 0.3
Baso (absolute) 0.1
Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)
Glucose, Serum 93
Bun 17
Creatine Ratio-11
Sodium, Serum-4.6
Chloride, Serum-103
Carbon Dioxide, Total 24
Calcium, Serum-9.3
Protein, Total, Serum-7.1
Albumin, Serum-4.1
Globulin, Total- 3.0
A/G Ratio-1.4
Bilirubin, Total-0.8
Alkaline Phosphatase, S- 72
AST (SGOT) 42
ALT (SGPT) 38
Lipid Panel with LDL/HDL Ratio Cholesterol, Total 191
Testosterone, Free, Direct
Free Testosterone (Direct) 18.0
DHEA 375
Prolactin-7.4

these results are for a 66 year old male trying to get down to why he feels so tired all the time even after a work out. He is on testosterone, armour, cortef and adrenal grandulars for Adrenal Fatigue

Thanks In Advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2007, 09:33 AM   #2
(female)

curiousleo HB User
Re: Help with Lab results

bump

should i send this to another area?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

ok they didnt' check all his T scores nor did they check his estradiol levels. They also didn't check his IGH1 levels for HGH. Since he is on TRT they should at least be checking all the T levels (just not free T) and estrogen/estradiol levels. (and I hope he is going to a doc that actually looked for the cause of these defencies and not just start treating them)

That being said. usually its kind of a cascading failure the testicles stop working, leading to adrenal fatigue.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
(female)

curiousleo HB User

Thanks for your reply Benji. He went to another doctor who checked the hgh which came back at 109 i think he said they should be between 250-300. Is it true that hgh, low testosterone and adrenal fatigue causes your hgh to drop?

Will insurance companies pay for hgh if it's a need for HGH?

Old 12-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousleo View Post
Thanks for your reply Benji. He went to another doctor who checked the hgh which came back at 109 i think he said they should be between 250-300. Is it true that hgh, low testosterone and adrenal fatigue causes your hgh to drop?

Will insurance companies pay for hgh if it's a need for HGH?
most insurance companies will not pay for HGH unless there is a medical condition that caused it. tumor damage to the pit gland for example. Even then the insurance companies will fight it becuase it is very expensive. (luckly my plan had a no preapproval on prescriptions so they couldnt' argue about it. though I bet they wish they could)

its all connected. since I started taking HGH my T levels went very high close to 900 (which is over normal levels) and it uncovered a Thyroid problem (more lily the thyroid was working to hard to counter the loss of hgh and it went Kaput when I started taking the injections) I'm having to wait to see what the thyroid medicine will do to the my levels and I might have to lower my T application.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #6
(female)

curiousleo HB User

That's great news Benji. You seem to know so much about HGH an di'm glad that you do.

When he went to the doctor yesterday she said she was going to see if the insurance company would pay for it or a portion of it. His levels came back at 109 when they should be between 200-300 something like that. They put him on thyroid medicines and increased that.

I don't understand where this fever is coming from the last couple of days. Hasn't had a fever in about 20 years.

I was just going back looking at some of my old post where his testosterone level was 214. since then he's been taking cyponiate injections, but doesn't feel any better. i know here recently the doct decreased that dosage b/c the dhea was to high.

Prolactin is the pit test correct which is 7.4. That means no signs of pit tumor right?

Closed Thread