It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
(female)

Redtoile HB User
Any teenagers out there with Addison's?

We are curious to know what dosages of what medications have worked for teenagers if anyone has this info. Our 16 yod is having trouble finding a balance of meds that allow her symptoms to be manageable. Has anyone walked this trail before?
Thanks
Concerned Parents

Old 01-09-2009, 05:23 AM   #2
(female)

kellers35 HB User
Re: Any teenagers out there with Addison's?

hi,

my son is 10 and his endo at great ormand street hospital changes his doses or his times, have you asked your childs endo, they will be able to advise you, rhys gets seen every 4 months by his.

take care

kellers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2009, 12:23 AM   #3
(female)

ElenaB HB User
Re: Any teenagers out there with Addison's?

Im 16 years old and am currently on hyrodcourtisone and fludrocourtisone for addisons. For the hydro i am taking 10mg when i wake up (pref early, i find if i take it later i get a headache and it takes longer to take effect), 2.5mg at 1pm, 2.5mg at 3pm, and 5mg at bedtime. Spreading it out has worked well for me, i used to get tired during the day until we added first the 3pm and then also the 1pm. For fludro I take 0.1mg when i wake up, and 0.05mg at bedtime. The hydro more affects energy levels so it is the one to worry about. As a teenager, we are growing constantly and hormones and changing which means we use alot more energy so dosages have to be increased because of this, and our energy needs often change during this period so do the dosages. It can take a long time to find the right levels and can often get it wrong - iv had both not enough and too much and its not a pleasant few months. Dont worry, it will all work out with patience. Mine did!

Closed Thread