It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
(female)

Maremma HB User
human and dog addisons?

Does anyone know if addisons works the exact same way in humans as in dogs? I have found a lot of information concerning addisons and adrenalin in dogs but not humans.In dogs it says that adrenalin is rarely affected in dogs with addisons.

I even had myself convinced I can't possibly have addisons until I found this information anyway.

I have been pushing myself (sometimes great force is required) to get up and get moving every day. Once I manage to be able to stay standing without my blood pressure redropping I push myself to move faster then faster until I am outright rushing around. (some days this does not work and I am just stuck where I am at)
I begin snacking as soon as I get up to try to control my blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Peanuts, cashews eggs and bacon, salty proteins, handfuls of salt wahsed down with gatoraid. (as I also need a lot of extra salt right now) Caffeine is an absolute requirement right now also.
I continue this snacking, drinking and forceful moving rapidy as far into the evening as I can (I work second shift) My job can be extremely fast paced depending on customer volume but even without it they leave me a massive amout of work to do so I am forced to move very fast if I am to have any hope of getting it all done.
Some nights I actually do very well all the way up until I clock out and have to sit still for the half hour drive home. During the hours I finally reach "peak preformance" I convince myself I am perfectly fine. How can I be sickly and manage to work so well, right?
Frequently though I have been shocked at how rapidly I decline once I am forced to hold still to long and have to second guess my earlier conclusion. Of course with each consecutive night of work I "burn out" earlier and earlier in my shift and have even had to leave in the middle of my shift because I am so exausted and my kidney area aches so bad I begin vommiting. (No infection found though)
Even with my snacking and drinking, I become very clumpsy, sluggish and easily confused. My heart acts up pretty bad too. I become breathless, dizzy my heart pounds and hurts. My pulse is rapid, my blood pressure is out of control. The systolic number goes up to like 140 and my diastolic stays stuck at like 56. (It has also occurred to me that when the blood pressure numbers spread so far apart that is also when I get the heart pain)

It has just occurred to me that I am surving work on pure adrenaline. Is it possible to be able to provoke adrenal rushes if a human has addisons?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread