It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
(male)

SkipperH HB User
Low normal Cortisol level

If I have many of the symptoms associated with low coritsol and my blood test came out to 6.2 @ 8:00am (range 5-23) will my endo pursue saliva or other tests to determine my condition?

Old 12-04-2009, 01:55 AM   #2
(male)

SkipperH HB User
Re: Low normal Cortisol level

Has anyone had the same lab results which resulted in further lab tests?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2009, 04:04 AM   #3
(female)

tnquilter HB User

I am going thru the same thing. Did you do the 4 in one day testing???

Mine were 7.0 in the morning which was low normal

.4 noon
.3 afternoon
.2 night

I don't remember the range but I know it was alot higher than my levels.

Have your read the book Adrenal Fatigue by Dr. james Wilson?? I would if I were you. I borrowed it from the library than just bought a copy so I could review whenever I needed.

My doctor put me on the sever treatment plan that he recommends.

I can't give much advice but I know I read this book over a year ago and just now have found a doctor that does these tests and tries to help.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-13-2009 at 05:39 AM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 12-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
(male)

SkipperH HB User

No, I didn't do the 4 in 1 testing, do you think my Endocrinologist will order that next? Do you know what an average Cortisol reading is when you wake up? If the range is 5 to 23 and it's highest in the morning shouldn't I at least be in the mid-range? 14 or 15?

Old 12-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
(female)

tnquilter HB User

Mine was consider low normal at 7.0 in the morning but the other 3 test they were very low. I had a friend that only had one test out of 4 low and it was not real low and she is doing mild adrenal fatigue treatment.

Did you endo have you do a saliva test?? Most doctors don't do them at all. I have a new doctor who is working with a drug store that does the testing. The owner of the store has a wife with adrenal fatigue so he has really studied it and being a druggist - he understands alot of it.

Ask your endo if he will do saliva test - if not you may have to check around to get it done. Check with a healthfood store, the one I have in town is up on it so yours might be also or know a doctor that will.

I had a blood test a year ago and my cortisol was in the low normal range and the doctor dismissed it as normal. He only did one test and did not tell me to do it at a certain time.

You will get a better look at cortisol if you can get the saliva test.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:20 AM   #6
(female)

evita365 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipperH View Post
If I have many of the symptoms associated with low coritsol and my blood test came out to 6.2 @ 8:00am (range 5-23) will my endo pursue saliva or other tests to determine my condition?
What other symptoms do you have?

Old 12-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #7
(male)

SkipperH HB User

Underactive Thyroid, Low Testosterone, extreme fatigue, hard time concentrating, high tryglicerides. I've also noticed that I bruise easy, all around ill feeling. Did you have your Cortisol checked too?

Closed Thread