It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

SandieRC HB User
Can Someone Help me?

I am trying to figure out if I have Addison's. What were your symptoms? What sort of tests do you do to find out if you have it? I have hypothyroidism and seem to be having alot of problems being able to take my medicine. I have alot of anxiety and about 2 hours after I take it, my heart starts to race and I have an anxiety attack. Today I feel very weak and dizzy too and my back hurts on both sides in the middle. I have not had an appetite and have lost weight. Everything I have read seems to lead to Adrenal Fatigue. I did have a blood test on Friday and I know they were checking cortisol. I had the test at 10 am. I seem to feel better in the afternoon and evening. But then I wake up with anxiety in the morning and have these problems. I always wake up at 3 am too. What do you all think?

Old 01-08-2010, 05:25 AM   #2
(female)

lorakin HB User
Re: Can Someone Help me?

You wont be able to tolerate your thyroid meds well if you have an adrenal problem... I have read that morning cortisol should be at the top of the range and I have read anything above 16 is okay too....Not really sure what the answer is. I posted this question a couple of weeks ago on this board and had no response. I figured this would be the board to ask, but no one has been very helpful!!! What thyroid med are u taking?? I have hypothyroidism too...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2010, 06:42 AM   #3
(female)

sid045 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandieRC View Post
I am trying to figure out if I have Addison's. What were your symptoms? What sort of tests do you do to find out if you have it? I have hypothyroidism and seem to be having alot of problems being able to take my medicine. I have alot of anxiety and about 2 hours after I take it, my heart starts to race and I have an anxiety attack. Today I feel very weak and dizzy too and my back hurts on both sides in the middle. I have not had an appetite and have lost weight. Everything I have read seems to lead to Adrenal Fatigue. I did have a blood test on Friday and I know they were checking cortisol. I had the test at 10 am. I seem to feel better in the afternoon and evening. But then I wake up with anxiety in the morning and have these problems. I always wake up at 3 am too. What do you all think?
Sounds like you are having problems with your adrenal gland. Have your doctor check you for an insufficiency in both parts of your adrenal gland. Have a cortisol stimulation test but try to have it done in the afternoon as your cortisol levels are more likely to be lower then. Adrenal problems will cause back pain, abdominal pain, flank pain and pelvic pain. It will also cause you to be tired, weak, have muscle and joint pain. Have your doctor check all your hormone levels in your pituitary gland, thyroid gland, adrenal gland, pancreas, and para-thyroid glands. Anxiety can be coming from fluctuations in any or all of these glands. Problems with these glands can change your blood pressure and your heart rate. Keep these areas checked often. Keep a look out for blood sugar changes particularly your blood sugar going down to fast(hypoglycemia) Good luck

Old 01-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
(female)

roxy1952 HB User

i've had addisons disease for 27 years. i got it after the birth of my second child. my early symptoms were severe diarrhea. exttreme weight loss. i kept feeling like i was going to pass out when standing,i had a new baby to take care of. it took about 6 months for doctors to find out what was wrong. i remember i had to save my urine and take to the hospital everyday for a week. i believe that is how they diagnosed me. i did really good for several years, but now i am almost 60 and things aren't so good. the meds i am on cause congestive heart failure. i have atrial fib and a heart murmur. i can no longer work.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
(female)

dostrowski HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandieRC View Post
Have your doctor check your sodium and potassium labs as well as your chloride. If your sodium and chloride are low and your potassium is hig it is a good sign - next - you will need a fasting cortisol test to determine your cortisol levels in the am. Many of your symptoms also relate to your thyroid so I would trust the results of the tests. I have had addisons and hypothyroidism for many years and understand your fears.

Closed Thread