It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #1
(male)

jrpbox293 HB User
Question Adrenal Insufficiency and Anger?

I am now 47 years old and just found out I have Adrenal Insufficiency, don't know the cause yet, just that both my Adrenal glands are 250% larger then normal. I was placed on hydrocortisone because I was in AI-Crisis.

My question is: Is it possible for me to have had this as a child and it not become an issue until I got older?

And: Does AI cause anger issues?

I have always had a quick and horible temper, even as a child, I never could understand why/how someone could be so easly angered over such little issues as "my brother dropped the wrench so now its going to take three seconds longer to fix my/his bike"

Whats up with that king of anger? Where does it come from?

I have tryed very hard over the years to change my anger management abilities, and have come a long way, but I still have a long ways to go!

Any insight from anyone would be appreciated, thanks!

Old 07-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
(female)

mebyers HB User
Re: Adrenal Insufficiency and Anger?

Your adrenals control your hormones. So if your adrenals are not functioning that could make you quick to anger. You can get help with it from your doctor. Just make sure they know. I had the same issue.I am now on medications and it helps me a great deal.

Last edited by mebyers; 07-29-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
(male)

jrpbox293 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebyers View Post
Your adrenals control your hormones. So if your adrenals are not functioning that could make you quick to anger. You can get help with it from your doctor. Just make sure they know. I had the same issue.I am not on medications and it helps me a great deal.
mebyers,

Thanks for you reply!

I am very quick to anger, over the smallest things.

I hate being that way, always having to say I'm sorry to the ones I love most, knowing they probably don't believe me anymore, and see me as just a mean hearted person.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
(female)

kim325 HB User

I think I had a much lighter version when I was younger. Not sure tho, but always had major menstrual issues. Completed menapause at 29. And yes the anger is just insane. I had it. Now tho I still have a temper Ha. but its controlled much better. Think after awhile of treatment that part gets better. Did for me. I was out of control for awhile. I started do relaxation techniques and locking myself in room with candles and music when I felt like I was a danger to someone.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
(male)

jrpbox293 HB User

Hey Thanks, for the repl!

I really am doing far better these days, but wish I was miles ahead of where I'm at now.

Closed Thread