It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
(male)

captaintrips HB User
Does this look like cushing's? (huge stretch marked belly pic)

I have been trying to figure out whats going on for the past few years, I used to be rail thin at 120lbs and 5'11 and ate whatever I wanted without gaining (even when I was working out and trying to gain)
Then around the time i turned 22-23 I started gaining weight slowly without any change in habits.

About a year later it really picked up speed and I gained a ton of belly fat, but not much else. Im now 25 and gaining fat like im eating constantly, but have very little appetite for the most part, am very fatigued to where i can barely get moving in the mornings no matter how much sleep i get...
\
I also have tons of stretch marks, had a few from my teens, but with this huge gain i look pregnant, and have noticed fat pads growing above my clavicle and at the base of the back of my neck.

I finally built up the courage to post a pic for some ideas, and hopefully I can help others before they start looking pregnant like I do now... But at least it seems to be all soft subcutaneous fat instead of the hard visceral stuff I read most gain instead (found the silver lining maybe..? lol)

I have an appointment with an endo, but it is in 3 months so any tips on losing this thing are greatly appreciated

(moved to hormone problems board, delete this one if you want)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN6369.jpg (22.3 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by captaintrips; 05-10-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Fixing pic

The Following User Says Thank You to captaintrips For This Useful Post:
samehhelaly (05-10-2011)
Old 05-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
(female)

BrittBratt HB User
Re: Does this look like cushing's? (huge stretch marked belly pic)

Wow! No clue. Are you on any kind of meds? I got a baby belly from taking Prednisone but not that big. If you are not on meds and even if you are felling well you should make a doctor's appointment. I noticed your endro had a 3 month wait, find another one! There's only one in my county and it doesn't take me that long to get in to see him. If you have to, just show up at the office and insist on seeing the doctor. Trust me, it works.

The Following User Says Thank You to BrittBratt For This Useful Post:
captaintrips (05-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
(male)

captaintrips HB User
Re: Does this look like cushing's? (huge stretch marked belly pic)

I'm not on any meds, and I have also noticed there are days when I am just furious at everything and I get whats almost like a chill or pent up energy/anxiety or something, very hard to describe...

I wish i could just go demand to be seen, but I have no insurance (aside from county aid program) and im broke as well and in the mood I have been in I might just get thrown out anyway. lol

Closed Thread