It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
(female)

eka4987 HB User
Need help! In wisconsin

I had a stim test preformed. My results were as follows.
Baseline ACTH- 10
Baseline Cortisol- 7.2
30 min Cortisol- 20.3
60 min Cortisol- 26.8

My doctor does not see anything wrong with these results. I feel so frustrated because of my understanding this indicates Secondary Addison's. I am really sick of being sick and sick of being told it is my thyroid. Would you say these results indicate Secondary? Also does anyone know of an endo or a doctor in Wisconsin who will look at this and understand it is an issue. I have been sick since end of Dec. beginning of Jan. I have been so sick I haven't worked since Feb. I have had some relief but not much. My thyroid level was still high but is slowly coming down. What I am most concerned about is this adrenal matter. I'd like to find a doctor who has a good grip on Secondary. I've occurred a lot of medical expenses over the last few months. I do not want to go from doctor to doctor. If anyone has any suggestion or any recommendations on doctors I would appreciate it.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
(female)

TinyTot2 HB User
Re: Need help! In wisconsin

I'm in Wisconsin and will be seeing my new endocrinologist on Tuesday. I've been struggling with Hashimoto's for years. Though my results are "in range", I have felt no relief of symptoms. It took a 16 pound weight loss (non-intentional as I was underweight to begin with) to finally trigger some interest from my doctor that I may have adrenal insufficiency.

I'll update after I see the endo on Tuesday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
(female)

eka4987 HB User
Re: Need help! In wisconsin

Good Luck! Definitely let me know how it turns out. I've decided to keep an eye on my cortisol. Maybe one day it will be low enough they feel I need treatment. UGH I am doing a lot better with my hashi's and it's becoming more under control. I am also gluten free which has made a huge difference for me.

Closed Thread